Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Abigail’s POV

Starting with the man in the mirror

(Oh yeah!)

I'm asking him to change

(Better change!)

No message could have been any clearer

If you wanna make the world a better place

Take a look at yourself and then make a change

Na na na, na na na, na na, na nah Yeah!

(Oh yeah!)

Na na na, na na na, na na, na nah

I'm gonna make a change

For once in my life

I'm gonna make a change

For once in my life...

Mrs. Kingsley clapped once we went over the chorus again for the concert tonight. She finally realized that she really needed me in the choir because I’m the only one who can actually sing lead. The class had agreed on Man In The Mirror in memory of Michael Jackson. Mrs. Kingsley only agreed because she believes the words would move the voters. It was really a great song and incredibly moving, especially when you’re singing it.

It was absolutely the perfect song to start off this year’s choir. We’d do well in the concerts for sure. Then, by the end of the year when the Spring Competition starts, we’d be ready. Last year, we had gotten second place. We were so close to winning. But I have a good feeling about this. Plus, there’ll be scouts at the first concert. I’ll need show them that I’m worth sponsoring.

“Okay, class! Wonderful practice. You’ll all do great at the concert.” Mrs. Kingsley beamed, clasping her hands together.

I let out a sigh of relief when she didn’t ask us to do it again. I was honestly tired. My throat needed a rest. The bell rang then and I rushed out of the classroom to tell Stephanie the good news.

“Yes!” She exclaimed. “I told you she was missing out! I have a good feeling about this Abby. It’s fate. Those scouts are going to notice you for sure. Especially when you’re singing a Michael Jackson hit.”

“That’s what I’m hoping for.” I grinned and dug my hands into my back pockets. “I’m excited. Like, really excited.”

“You? How about me? My best friend’s gonna be famous. I can see it now.” She looped her arms through mine. “Just imagine. Paparazzi, celebrity boyfriends, Rhianna phase, and then the big break-up.”

I raised a brow. “Do you really think every celebrity woman gets slapped around by her boyfriend?”

She shrugged. “Rhianna did.”

I laughed and pulled her faster down the hall. We were going to be late for our next class. At least we’d be late together. But my smile faded away when I saw Percy walking straight for us. He had on loose dark jeans and a tanktop. He had that grin on his face, the same way he had last night, when he stopped before us.

“Hey, I’m surprised I never really seen you before.” Percy said, shaking his head. “Though, it is a big school.”

I crossed my arms over my chest. “My sister still bugging you about getting me in your band?”

He chuckled. “What’s the deal with you and your sister? She’s a sweetheart when she’s with me, but last night…It took a while for me to calm her down.”