Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Abigail’s POV

I awoke with the sound of a shower running. I rubbed at my eyes groggily and wondered who was taking a shower in my bathroom. But what I realized when I looked around the room was that it wasn’t my room. It looked familiar…oh no.

I jumped out of bed and opened the door to peer outside. It was Logan’s living room. I was in his bedroom. While he was taking a shower. Shower.

I ran a hand through my messy hair and was about to storm out of the bedroom when I realized my shoes were off. I don’t remember taking them off. Did Logan take it off for me? I saw it at the foot of the bed and slipped them on easily since they were just slides. Just as I was about to leave, the shower shut off, then my phone rang. My stupid phone.

I ran out of the room and answered it while I made my way to my car. “Hello?”

“Abby? Where the heck are you? It’s already first period.” Stephanie shouted through the phone.

I slapped my forehead. I totally forgot about school. “I kind of overslept. I’ll be there by second period. Bye!”

“Abigail Adams?” The kid asked me. “How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?”

“I don’t know.” I took the lollipop from the little plump kid and ate it in a couple of bites. “Guess none.”

“That was mean.” It was Logan now, no longer the little kid in his place. I could smell his cologne from anywhere. It was that good. He took a step closer to me with his crooked grin plastered on his face. “Now I don’t have any more lollipops.”

“That’s too bad.” I teased.

He pulled me against his chest by my arms, causing my heart to beat hard in my chest. His head lowered until his lips were near my ear. “I’ll show you bad.”

“Abigail Adams!” Ms. Kingsley shouted at me.

“Huh? What? Who?” I jolted awake to stare at the old, wicked lady herself. It was all a dream. Why? Why did that have to be a dream? “Yes, Ms. Kingsley?”

“Wipe that drool off of your face, Miss Adams.” She ordered. I blushed and used the sleeve of my jacket to wipe of the spit. Ew. “And wake up or I’ll have you stand in front of the class for the rest of the day.”

“Yes, ma’am.” I nodded quickly.

I never dozed off at all for the rest of the day.

“So, what were you doing at Logan’s place all night?” Stephanie asked me for like the millionth time today.

“I just fell asleep. That’s all.” I told her again.

“Don’t lie. I’m the one who had to give your mom an excuse and say that you were at my place.” She complained. “I want to know the details!”

I chuckled and hushed her by swatting her arm. “I was just working on that song you heard last night. I wanted it to be perfect.”

“Are you sure that’s all you were doing?” She pressed.

“Yeah, I…” I trailed off when a noticed a familiar car parked right in front of the school. What was he doing here? “Logan?”

He rolled down his window and grinned at me. “Surprised?”

“Yeah, a little.” I said. “What are you doing here?”

“We’re taking a little road trip.” He said with excitement in his eyes. “I want to show you something.”