Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Abigail’s POV

Logan had taken me back to his place. I felt weird about going there at almost 11 at night, but I didn’t feel like I was in danger with him. But I didn’t feel safe either. I made sure to text my mom where I’d be though.

We went straight into the recording studio. Logan set up his guitar and started to play What You Need, piece by piece until I got it. He began with the first verse. I was again amazed by his wonderful voice. Why am I the singer again?

“Abby, sing it.” He urged when I went silent for a moment after he finished.

“Oh, sorry. I was zoning out for a bit.” I laughed a little and repeated the part he had sung.

The rest of the time we were going over the song was exactly like that. Me zoning out and looking at him all weird. His voice was really amazing. I had a pretty good voice too, but it didn’t sound right with his song. It was hard for me to not look at him. I wonder what Stephanie would do if she saw him.

“So, you write songs?” I asked him after we finished.

He nodded tucking his guitar underneath his arms and chin as he looked at me. “A little for the band. Like What You Need.”

“And you don’t like to sing them.” I clarified.

“Not exactly.”

“How does that work? You all just play the song without singing it?”

“We used to have a singer, but he quit on us when he saw that we weren’t going anywhere.” Logan shrugged.

“We aren’t getting anywhere.” I mumbled and Logan casted me a hard look. I fumbled, trying to correct myself. “I can’t sing your song.”

“And why’s that?”

“It’s a guy song.” I said, not sure if those were the right words. “I need a song that fits me. Not you. When you sing it, it’s like you’re relieving the experience the song is giving you. It doesn’t sound like that when I sing it.”

He leaned forwards with his elbows on his knees to look at me. “Why do you think I lived it to begin with? I just wrote it.”

I shook my head and tilted it to the side. “Liar. You have that faraway look in your eyes when you sing it. It has to have happened. All songs have a meaning.”

“Like you’d know anything about writing music.”

I narrowed my eyes at his accusation. “I write songs.” I retorted and then corrected myself. “Personal ones, that is.”

“Personal ones? Why personal?” He wondered.

I shrugged, feeling a little uncomfortable talking about it. I shouldn’t have brought it up. “Just because.”

He slid his metal stool over until he was closer to me. He had a grin on his face. “Don’t push this away. I want to know. We could try out your songs and see if the others like it.”

“I only have four of them and they’re not that good.” I told him, biting my lip nervously.

He slid me a grin. “It can’t be that bad. Come on.”

“No way. I’m not singing it.”

Logan let out a sigh and glanced up at the ceiling for a second. At first, I though he was going to give up before he looked back down at me. “I’ll sing you a personal song of mine that no one has ever heard if you sing one of yours.”