Chapter 3

I usher Flora inside and show her to the spare room. She turns around to look at me "Thank you so much" she says. "When do you think Ryan will be out of his house" I ask. She ponders for a moment, "Tommorow at noon he will be at school we can leave at lunch, you go to Vanier right" I nod. To be honest I have seen her around school, always alone. I walk to the kitchen and start making dinner its around 6:00 ish so dinner will be done by 7:00. I made potstickers for us, Ethan didnt show up, he practically lives at his boyfriends house. Flora goes to bed at 10:30 and I go at 11:00.

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP, screams my alarm, "fucking hell" I say under my breath as my hand falls on the snooze button. I get up get dressed and bump into Flora in the hall, "Sorry" she says looking up. For the first time I finally get a look at her eyes, they greyish purple so beautiful I think. I soon after realize I am staring at her, "sorry" I say as we walk to the kitchen. I pull some juice out of the fridge, "do you want some" I ask, she nods as I grab some cups out of the cupboard.

Neither of us ate breakfast, we werent hungry. As the day goes by I grow more and more nervous about going to Ryans house to retrieve Floras stuff. Whe n the lunch bell rings I text Flora to meet me by my car. As she walks over I start the car andwhen she gets in, I ask her for the directions. As I drive she tells me what she needs and what we can leave and then we stop in front of the building. We run up thestairs and we cant waste any time. When she unlocks the apartement we quickly get to work and when we move to her bedroom, the front door opens yielding the sound of Ryans voice. Terror fills Floras face, before he gets I  the bedroom I shove her in the closet and close the door just as he walks in. "Who the fuck are you" he says, but without a moments hestation, he remembers who I am and slams me against the wall. Pain flashes through my back. Then his fist meets my face, slamming then side of my face back against the wall. When I see his fist its soaked in blood. But in a second the whole room changes when Flora runs behind him grabing his arm before he can attack me again. He pulls hus fist back to punch her but I pull it back and throw him on the ground as we try and run with the stuff I feel a hand grasp my leg and pull me down, and soon after Ryan is on top of me punching me in the face over and over pain surges thru me but then he goes limp and hus head hits my chest. When I look up, Flora is standing there with a rolling pin with a little blood on it. As I get up I check Ryans pulse andas I do he starts to come to. Me and Flora flee the apartement.

I sit on the couch as Flora checks my wounds. "Its fine Flora, really" I argue but she wont have it. "He could have killed you" she said. She closes the first aid kit and says "you will be ok". "but are you ok" I counter. She looks up "yeah im fine, thank you for helping me" she said, "no prob-" I start but am quickly cut off by her lips against my own.