CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO - FIGHT FOR YOU

JAMES' POV

"Mr. Foxx, welcome to Walker University," Mrs. Smith, the principal, told me, and yes, Vanessa's family owns this school.

"Thank you, Mrs. Smith." I went out of the room.

"Here's your schedule for today. We're classmates in almost all the class, except for two." That's Mae. She cares about me. Cute.

"Thanks! So, where's my first class?"

"Follow me."

We're on our way to somewhere when I heard voices of girls having a chat about... me?

"Is he the new guy?"

"I think so. He's definitely cute!"

"I know, right? Is he taken?"

"I don't know, I hope not."

I'm not officially taken, but my heart is. Taken by this girl in front of me, who's really giving those girls her famous laser eyes. Please tell me she's jealous.

"Hey! Jealous mode on?" I asked. I'll be happy if she's jealous.

"Me? Jealous? Why would I? They're just being too noisy!" she answered.

"Umm... okay.." We continued walking.

"Vanessa!" I heard a girl shout her name.

"Jasmine!" Mae shouted back.

"Oh! Umm... Are you the transferee here?" the girl named, Jasmine, asked me.

"Umm... I guess so," I plastered a casual smile.

"Oh! I'm Jasmine, by the way. Jasmine Paradis. Vanessa's best friend," she said while smiling. Looks like she's friendly. She's also beautiful, and she's also sexy but still, Mae's better than her.

"And I'm James Karl Foxx," I introduced myself. I suddenly heard Vanessa clear her throat.

"Oh, right! Vanessa, let's chat later after class, okay?"

"Sure. But first, we need to go inside. Now," Vanessa said. She looks... pissed?

"Okay! James, can I call you JK?" Jasmine asked me.

"Sure." I can sense that Mae's staring at me. When I looked at her, she looked away.

As for Jasmine, her attention remained on me. "Good! JK, where's your first class?"

"Umm... here," I answered, but I'm still looking at Mae.

"Really? Yes! Let's go!" She looked so happy, which made me smile.

We went inside the room, and the class became quiet. Well, until the girls started whispering, but I didn't mind them.

"Mae?" I called her when we sat down, but she didn't mind me. Is she mad or something? "Mae?" I'm beside her, while Jasmine's on the other side of Mae. She didn't mind me again.

Until our professor came, I could see her talking to Jasmine. I'm jealous.

"Class, we have a new student here. Mr. Foxx, please introduce yourself to the class," Our prof said, then I stood up.

"Good morning, everyone. I am James Karl Foxx, twenty-two years old, and I'm from Galaxian High," I introduced myself.

"James! Are you single?" The random girl's question made me laugh.

"Yes. Yes, I am." The girls shrieked, and I smiled.

"Do you like someone?" another girl asked. I smiled while thinking of Mae.

"What's that smile, James?"

"I want to keep it a secret," I answered, making them shriek once more.

"What's your ideal girl then, Mr. Foxx?" It was our professor who asked me.

"My ideal girl?" I asked, then pictures of Mae showed in my mind. The people are just staring at me, waiting for my answer. "My ideal girl is a girl who loves to cook. A girl who's always there every time I need her, a girl who's ready to be with me, anytime and anywhere. And a girl that's still beautiful, even though she's jealous. I guess that's my ideal girl."

"Looks like you really like someone. I can tell it by the way you smile while describing her," Mr. Johnson, our prof, said.

"Really, James? Who is she?" Jasmine asked, which made me turn in their direction then I saw Mae, staring at me. Looking like she's hurt? No, can't be.

"That I can't say," I answered, still looking at her.

"Okay. Thank you, Mr. Foxx. Now, shall we start our class?" Mr. Johnson said, taking almost everyone's attention away from me.

Our professor started discussing, I tried listening to him, but my mind can't focus. Was she hurt? If yes, then why? The class ended, and I went to the next one. Sadly, she's not my classmate in this class. When our prof went inside the room, she asked me to introduce myself, so I did.

"Charles Louvin, dude!" my seatmate said right after I sat down.

"James Foxx, nice to meet you."

"Basketball tryouts after class. Wanna join?" he asked while facing the board.

"Yeah, sure, why not? How about you?" I faced the board too.

"Actually, I'm the captain of the school's basketball team." That made me look at him.

"Really? That's cool. Should I call you captain from now on?" I joked.

"Nah! Call me best friend. Well, you want us to be friends, right?" he smiled and reached out his hand.

"Not a bad idea. Sure, best friend!" I shook his hand.

"Good! Let's eat lunch together after this class, okay?"

"Okay. I might be needing a tourist guide here."

He chuckled. "Well, then, I'll be happy to tour you around."

When the class ended, Charles and I went out of the room to grab lunch, then I saw Mae with Jasmine waiting for us by the door.

"JK! Let's eat lunch together! Oh! Looks like you're with the famous basketball captain, Captain Louvin."

"C'mon Jasmine, I'm not that famous. Hi Princess!" Charles said while waving at Mae. Did he just call Mae, Princess?

"Hi Charles, so shall we eat lunch now? I really need to eat." Mae said while smiling at Charles. I'm even more jealous.

We're now going to the canteen, I guess. The ladies are in front of us, chatting about the clubs here.

"Can I tell you a secret? Well, since we are best friends, I guess I can," Charles whispered while looking at... Mae?

"Go on, dude."

"Vanessa's been my crush since my first year of college. She's beautiful, talented, and smart. She's my ideal girl." H-he likes her? I did not respond to him. I can't. "I'm now planning to confess to her. I want to court her," he added. That made me stop walking.

"What's the matter, bro?" he asked.

I-Is he really going to confess to her? W-What if she also likes him? Because the way she smiled at him a while ago is different from what she shows me. A-Am I going to lose her? No! I can't! I don't want to lose her! I don't want to lose the one I love! I promised that! I'll Fight For You, Mae! I will!