twenty

i was miserable. i was depressed. i was broken.

my head hurt and my heart ached. i felt so empty. something was missing.

that something was mina.

i rubbed my eyes again as i walked through the park. i hadn't slept since mina left, waiting for her return. i scowled every time i saw the couples in the park show any form of affection towards each other. it's not their fault but their happiness made me angry. why couldn't i have the same happy ending as them?

fuck them. fuck everyone. fuck the world.

it's unfair. it seems as though everyone but me is happy.

"you look like you need to calm down a bit. want a cigarette?" i hear someone speak as i sit on a nearby bench. i look to my left and see a man holding out an already lit cigarette. i take it from him and place it in my mouth while he sits next to me.

"slow down a bit," he chuckled, "my name is johnny. what's yours?"

"doyoung," i replied coldly.

"well, doyoung, you look half dead. what happened to make you so miserable?" he asked, taking out another cigarette for himself.

"long story," i sighed, throwing the cigarette to the ground.

"well i love stories and i have all the time in the world," he gave me a smile. i had to admit that his smile made me a little less angry so i gave him a small smile in return and decided to tell him everything.

"well listen carefully because i won't be repeating anything," i started.