Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I looked at the pictures I had drawn on the walls. They were an admiration, but also memories that I wanted to forget.

One picture I had worked on for over a week. The background was dark and dreary around the edges of the painting. Blacks and blues and some purple made the edges. It was smudged and only tiny bits of what looked like light shown through.  In the center was a garden surrounded by a river. The garden had an assortment of flowers and butterflies in its presence.  From pink to green, blue to orange the garden was the only thing in the picture that held life. The garden had a light silhouette that made it look heavenly in the darkness that surrounded it. The river was a musty green color and had dying lilies on the riverbank. In the corner of the garden, the entrance sat an Iron gateway that stood agape. Just inside the gate was a small stone bench, and from the angle I had painted it looked as if a small child sat on the bench. 

I just stared at the picture. I had never known what had compelled me to draw the picture. It was both pure and demonic.

In the bottom right hand corner was my signature. Signed: 13

Of course, that was not my name.

How rude of me, my name is Cassie Bori. I’m 18 years old, and currently in hell.

The picture sat right behind the door so that nobody saw it when they entered. It was like a secret, just for me.

I sat there for a few more hours before there was a knock at my door. A small lady about my height walked in.

“My name is Anabell, and I have some news for you. Today you thought, they were signing your release papers. Well they are, but you will be let into my custody. Ms. Bori, you are in for a long adventure. One that may change the way you look at life… Please get dressed and a guard will be here to pick you up in one hour.” The short lady told me.