Chapter 2.

Chapter 2

“Elise, I told you that as princess you must stay focused. No time for day dreaming. You are royalty now and not of the past.” My mentor stated.

Princess, I thought. What is this lady talking about? I’m in a freaking asylum for crying out loud. She can’t possibly be talking to me.

“Miss, Miss, your date has arrived for the ball. Your father is waiting at the bottom of the steps; he has called for you many a times miss. We need to get you down there.”  One of the maids said.

What the hell is she talking about, Date? Ball? Father? Where the hell was I?

The last thing I remembered was falling asleep on my bed in my assigned room at the asylum. Room 13.

“Miss Elise dear, you are going to be late if we do not hustle. Prince James is waiting outside for you. The ball starts in 30 minutes. You must not be late.” The maid announced. “You have been very spacious lately miss. I think you may need to see a doctor when you get back. It may be for the best.”

“Yes mam.” Was all I could get out, I didn’t even know who, are what she was talking about. I just did as I was told. It seemed like the right thing to do.

My mentor, Christina, took me down to meet my father. I wore a whitish- gold dress, with a ball gown styled bottom. I also wore a corset that made me choke to death every time I went to speak and heals that were about 5 inches tall. I don’t know who I was in this reality, but it was not me.

Heading down the stairs to my father, I was able to get a better glimpse of the house, well mansion, or a castle, whatever it was. Let me tell you, it was beautiful. I had never seen such a thing.

This, this house belonged to my family. I looked at the monstrosity that was the house. Pictures beyond pictures had been painted of me and my father. No mother was to be found. I didn’t know what kind of life this girl lived but it certainly reminded me of my home life. Where ever that may be.

“May I ask you something?” I asked the maid.

“Yes dear, what is it?” She remarked.

“Who did these paintings?”

She smirked at me like I already knew that answer. She answered anyways.

“You my dear, these are few of many that are still here in the castle. You have always had a dream of painting. When your mother passed, your father hired a mentor for you; you spent two weeks with the man, and were not in need of him anymore. You were drawing miraculous pictures in a week’s time. You may not remember dear, but I do, in time you will. It will all come back to you.” She stated quite pleased with her answered.

The more we walked on though the more I could see the worried look on her face. Like a realization of the worst.

“Miss, May I ask what you mean by that? What do you mean I may not remember? Did something happen?” I inquired.

“Now miss is not the time for me to explain, you are very late.”

I don’t know why, but her answer upset me. Her answer caused a spark of rage that I could feel flaring up inside of me. This I knew was not my normal self. This was a spark of this new reality that I did not like. Who knows the damage I could do in this time period. I took a deep breath and carried on. I brought me back to what I knew was reality.