The Beginning.

Chapter 1:

One day while a wanderer going by the name Linni was walking around in the town square, he noticed it had few people and a nice fountain in the middle. He walked past a old wanted board and saw a wanted poster for Wood. Out of the corner of his eye Linni saw Wood walk into a bar, it was dusk so he decided to use shadowed magic to grab Wood, dragging him away from his beer so Linni could talk to him.

Linni asked "Why should I not kill you?" Wood hastily thought for a way out of his predicament.

"I will work for you?" Wood offered hoping it would work. Linni accepted Wood's offer. "Let's have a beer, to celebrate then."

After awhile a man named Etzio saw the same wanted poster that Linni saw and just saw Wood. He quickly ripped the poster right off the board and ran to the bar to try and catch Wood. He kicked open the door and yelled "I am looking for this man!"

The bartender, Kerith jumped over the counter and yelled at Etzio "Why the hell did you just barge right in here asking for someone random person? Get your ass out of my bar before I kick it out!"

The air around Kerith starts to turn unbearably hot. When Etzio doesn't respond, Kerith literally kicks him out, just like he said. As the door catches a blaze, a young woman named Phasdu jumps over the counter, like Kerith with a jug of water and orders Kerith in a soothing voice, "Calm yourself grouchy and drink your water." Kerith obediently takes the jug and downs the water and puts out the fire. They both casually walk back behind the counter to serve people.

Etzio hollered at Kerith, "Don't you know who I am? I am the king's guard! I was sent here to watch the enemy activity and I have proof that you are housing one of them!" "Shut up!" replied Phasdu as she threw a rock at him when he tried to enter the bar once again.

Linni pondered what just happened. He asked Wood, "Maybe we can have them join us." "Who?" "The bartenders and that guard."

"No way! The guard wants my head!" Etzio exclaimed.

"But we can use that to our advantage." Linni countered.

"Oh yeah, and how do you propose we do that?" Wood asked doubtfully.

"He wants to take out enemies of the kingdom and he thinks you are one of them." Retorted Linni

Wood pondered for a second then said, "That, surprisingly makes sense makes, but why the bartenders?"

"It's kind hard to explain, they give off this ominous, powerful feeling." Linni replied solemnly.

"What do you mean?" Was the reply.

"They kinda feel unnerving, like something is hiding underneath their skin, something with an unquenchable thirst for blood." Wood shivered hearing this.

Etzio eventually gave up on trying to enter by force so he resorted to having a guard spy on them and one to wait outside to follow them, when or if they leave. Etzio then went back to his MHQ (which was a big metal wagon powered by magic) to deliver a message to the king.

"Go outside! I need to talk to the king alone." Etzio commanded the group waiting in the MHQ. "Yes, sir!" "Yah, no problem." "I need to test my weapon anyway." "Yah, we need more food."

While Etzio is telling King Hadoc about his suspicions about an uprising of the fallen king.

The group went outside. Two of them were women, Romra is an elf with long silver hair and is taller than the other three people with purple eyes. Nema is a human with brown hair and blue eyes and is the 2nd tallest. Gim is human as well as strong and has brown eyes and black hair. Ruza is a dwarf, a little chubby and has golden hair and emerald green eyes.

"Do you think we're going to fight soon?" asked Romra.

"No, Etzio just wants all the attention." said Gim.

"Really?" pried Romra

"Yeah, but I don't care as long as I can get some peace and quiet." Replied Gim as he looks at Ruza while he fires his untested gun.

Ruza noticed this and asked "Hey don't you want some more fire power?"

"Yeah, sure, I don't see why not, but can you at least quiet down? We don't want to scare them anymore then with your ugly mug as well.

"Hey!" was the only response.

"What do you guys want from town?" asked Nema. "Bacon!" Gim stated eagerly. "No, you don't want to end out like Ruza." That earned her a death glare from Ruza.

"Cake!" Begged Romra. "You know what happens when you eat that."Nema declared. "But it is so good." Romra begged again. "No." Scolded Nema

"How about chicken soup with a bottle of rum." Offered Ruza. "Soup, yes, rum, no, you not allowed to get drunk." Scolded Nema, yet again.

______________________________________________________________

Etzio walked out of the HQ and barked "Romra, Gim, your with me." "Are we going to fight?" Romra asked worried. "Maybe, but hopefully not." Etzio replied. "Can I go with I need to get some chickens for some soup?" Etzio retorted, reluctantly "Fine."