Chapter 3

He woke about an hour later, only to find Romra standing above him, which startled Linni. He quickly spun around and sat up.

What do you want? Asked Linni.

"Well, I came up here to tell you we are close, and you fell asleep so I waited." She said calmly.

"That's kinda creepy, anything happens?"

"Well, I heard that you were talking to people and wonder if you could help me?"

"With what?" He asked, curious.

She sat and said in a soft tone "Well, you see, I kinda, sorta like the captain. (Etzio)

"Well, for starters don't do what you just did and leave a note."

"Oh, ok."

"Just be yourself, and maybe get him something nice. If he doesn't like it you don't let it bother you, if he does like, say it is from you if no response."

While they talked, Nema came up and said "soup is done" and brought them two bowls.

"Thank you." Linni complimented.

"No problem." She replied happily.

They didn't talk that much, an awkward silence. Eventually, they went back into the wagon. The fallen empire was within view the walls had vines on it and parts of it crumbled showing its age. As they drove through the outer wall and into a decent sized. The area around them seemed odd to Linni, he didn't like it. He went to the others of the group and asked: "Can I borrow a sword?"

"Yeah sure but why do you need it?" Asked Etzio

"I just think there are bandits here some of the buildings have burn marks on them.

"From a gun?" Asked Ruza.

"Yes, so stay on high alert." Answered Linni.

"You can't tell me what to do!" Ruza countered.

"If you're going to be like that then it was a suggestion."

"So where are we going?" Asked Phasdu.

"To the castle."

Why there?" She pried.

"Is there loot?" Piped Phasdu, curious.

"The castle was raided when it fell, so there's no loot but there could be a fight waiting."

Hearing this Kerith cracked his knuckles, being dawn, his 8ft tall, muscular body casted a shadow over almost the entire group.

Phasdu and Kerith, both filled with joy when Linni said that and could not sit still. Ruza went above with Linni and pulled out his gun. "What are you doing?" Linni asked.

"I am making sure that no bandits could attack us from inside a building."

"Ok, that makes sense."

"So how did you think you can defend this wagon with just a..." Before Ruza could finish his sentence, an explosion sounded, the wagon was hit.