Chapter 4: Ichimaru

"Cousins?" Hitsugaya said astonished. "How is that even possible? When you died in the world of the living you usually don't remember your family... And you two don't even look alike!" The captain exclaimed.

I huffed and folded my arms over my flat chest. "Just because we don't look alike doesn't make us family. Blood doesn't make a family, love does." I stated boldly, my short temper and gutsy attitude evidently showing.

Toshiro raised an eyebrow, since we were the same height we were at eye level glaring each other off. The short silver head was about to shoot off a nasty reply, but then a knock and the sound of a door opening cut him off before he could say anything and before I could go off on him.

A silver and light purple headed man peeked his head through the door. "Hitsuga-" But was cut off when his usual squinted eyes landed his gaze on me.

"Gin." I breathe out.

It took me awhile to comprehend what was happening before I snapped back to reality and didn't realize until I was walking over to him. "Ichimaru..." I mumbled out as I wrapped my arms around his waist since I couldn't measure up to his height.

"Aki..." He said as if he couldn't believe I was still alive. "Wha-What are you doing here?" Ichimaru asked in astonishment.

Toshiro had cleared his throat and interrupted our little reunion. "Hate to break you two up, but how do you two know each other?" He asked, still as clueless as before.

"Well..." Rangiku finally chimed in, "We were all in the rukan district together, but when Gin and I had left to become a shinigami we were forced to leave Aki behind since she didn't have enough reitsu to take part in the soul academy."

"It took a couple hundred years, but I made it into the academy and graduated." I said proudly.

Ichimaru and I had then let go of each other, still staring in disbelief at each other. He then handed Toshiro a piece of paper and leaned down towards me, "Let's grab some lunch later, 'kay?" He said with his usual smile at me ruffling my hair slightly, like how he did in the olden days.

I looked up at him and did something I hadn't done in awhile since I've been in the Seireitei, I smiled. My crimson eyes shone bright like an immortal everlasting fire. The tall captain strode out the door smiling at me and Rangiku. Then with a soft click he was gone, leaving without telling anyone as usual.

Toshiro then coughed and cleared his throat once more. "So, Aki-" He began, but was cut off with the door bursting open and a tall raven haired man running in.

Vote, comment, share, and follow please!

So who do you think ran into the tenth division office?