Super Bowl Night

It was the end of football season, and the super bowl was quickly approaching. The teams were all set Seattle Seahawks verses Denver Broncos, and bids were going down. It seems that a lot of people were voting for Denver, but we all know how that turned out. This was the largest margin victory seen in super bowl history for an underdog.

      It was a cold night most everybody was locked up in their house watching the big game. I was condemned to walk the streets trying to keep the peace when there was an upset or some other ruckus. The night was mostly quiet except for one individual who insisted on following me around. I allowed this because he carried with him a radio with the game playing on it. I enjoyed having something to listen to while I walked. I figured at least that way I got to hear the score of the game.

      About an hour and forty-five minutes into the game the guy approaches me and asks me for a light. I told him it would cost him a cigarette and he just laughed and handed me one. He began to talk about the game and asked who I was going for. I told him that I always root for the underdog. Most people like to root for the sure thing, but I find it more exciting to vote for the less likely. He told me that he was an underdog and asked if I was voting for him. Now I wasn't sure that I knew what he was talking about, but I told him I guess so since he was the underdog. I asked what made him an underdog he just simply replied my size. At that point I felt like he was eyeballing me and it made me uncomfortable.

      Now I am a pretty big guy standing six foot five inches weighing in at two-hundred forty-three pounds. This guy was five foot nothing and weighed in at one-hundred twenty sopping wet with a brick in each pocket. If he was thinking of doing something crazy he might want to rethink his actions. From that point on I stayed a pace behind him, and I think that this annoyed him. He kept stopping and looking back to see if I was still there. He made every excuse to get me back in front of him but I wouldn't budge.

      I heard some sort of disturbance down the fifth street ally way, so I went to check it out hopping that he would go on without me thinking I was still there. I cleared up the spat and started to head out and he wasn't there. I breathed a sigh of relief and I thought, to myself, that I would never get rid of him. I continued to walk on and every time I heard a radio it made me recoil. Thinking that he could be just around the next corner gave me an uneasy feeling. I don't know what it was, but that man kind of creeped me out. Once in a while I would see a dark shadowy figure and it made me stop in my tracks, and wonder if it was him. For the next couple of hours I felt like someone was following and watching me. Though I could not discern from where, I knew that he was there waiting for the perfect moment to carry out that thought from when he was eyeballing me.

      I could hear in the distance what sounded like someone that had a little too much to drink. I went over to check it out and there he was standing over another man lying on the ground with some sort of club in his hand. I called for backup, for I didn't have the comforts of a car being on foot patrol. I drew my weapon and told him to drop his and this is where things got weird.

      The little man began to grow taller and taller. He must have reached a height of about seven feet tall and must have weighed about three-hundred pounds. His arms grew until they just about dragged the ground. His face became elongated and puffier his eyes shimmered green and gold. His hair became longer and thicker. His clothes ripped for they no longer fit him. Standing there before me was a monster not a man, and he wanted to know who I thought the underdog was again. Now standing here I truly believe I am.