Chapter 2 : The Step-Father (part 1)

"Hey! how are you?" Zach tried to speak casually the next day at school. Nichole replied with a small stutter "H-hi... I'm...w-well... I don't know... I'm suppose to be happy right now but I-I'm in so much pain." All Zach replied with was "oh, I'm sorry..." Nichole rolled her eyes and scoffed then turned and attempted to walk away. But Zach quickly grabbed ahold of her arm spun her around and hugged her tightly. She spaced out for a little while and they ended up hugging for five minutes. But Zach didn't mind at all. He muttered "I love you" under his breath. Nichole snapped back into reality. She looked up at him. With a confused look on her face she asked "what?" He nervously replied with "I just said we have to get to class." She said "oh" as she felt her heart drop. They walked down to their next class slowly. It was awkward and silent. The whole time. When they got to class they ended up sitting on opposite sides of the room because Anthony want Nichole to sit by him. He still didn't know Nichole had no feelings for him whatsoever. But she let him have his fun because she didn't want to hurt his feelings. After all he was her first kiss. She kept looking towards zach continuously throughout that class period. Hoping he would walk over and save her from all the boring details Anthony was getting into about sports. He was going on and on about football and touchdowns. Nichole had no idea whatsoever what to say because the only sport she actually payed any attention to at all was volly ball. It was the only sport she was able to get her anger out and could hit things as hard as she wanted at people and it be completely normal. But she didn't like dodge ball. The balls were to soft. So she just smiled and nodded because she had no input for the conversation. Suddenly the screeching sound of the bell rang throughout the school letting everyone know school was done for the day. Nichole instantly grabbed her bag and ran out the door as fast as she could. Zach rushed out to try and catch up with her. By the time he caught up they were halfway down the hallway. They walked to the bus together like they always did. They both climbed onto the bus and walked to their seat in the back. They talked about all the normal things they usually talked about like music and school projects. Nichole was the first stop so they didn't get to talk much. She got off the bus and went straight to her house. She didn't check the mail like she usually did or anything. She just walked to the house. She didn't want to do anything at all. When she walked into her house her mother tried to speak she opened her mouth but before she could speak Nichole just looked and her and with a stern voice just said "don't!" She ran up to her room as fast as she could on the stairs. She was upset because zach only thought of her as a friend and he always would. She wasn't good enough for anyone she actually had a connection with. She felt worthless pushed away and unwanted. She hid in her closet. It was a small closet just enough room for her to squeeze in next to her stuff. She just wanted to be alone to think. Her thoughts killed her inside but she was alone with them. She started thinking and thinking and just couldn't stop. So much was rushing through her mind. She was thinking about the past, present and future. She started thinking about the devastated look on Gabe's face while she was leaving him to move to a different state and start in a whole new school. How she left him alone and let him down. She had promised she would never leave him and she would be by his side forever. But they were only eight or nine he can't hold that against her if they ever say each other again right?

(again chapter was long putting part 2 up with it)