Chapter 3 : The Hospital

******Self harm warning******

She opens up the diary and flips to the back and takes out a blade. She puts the blade to her wrist but starts crying uncontrollably. She couldn't do it. So she started writing. She wrote about how she wanted to kill herself and about her cutting and the whole situation with Zach and Anthony. Then she took the blade out again. This time she did it.She went back to writing in the diary afterwards. She wrote about what her step-dad had done many times. Then she washed her arm up and went to sleep. The next day on the bus she was silent. She had a black eye but she didn't want to explain anything so she kept her hood over her face all day. They had a pretty normal day surprisingly. They went to their classes and sat together doing their work Zach not noticing a thing. That's all. The bell rings and they walk down to the bus. This time Zach is building up the courage to tell her how he feels. When they got on the bus it took a little while for him to say it. Then all of the sudden the bus stops and Nichole stands up to walk off the bus. She gets off the bus and all the sudden Zach stood up and said "Nichole Pierce I like you a lot." She heard him and looked back. Then she just kept walking. She hopped off the bus. She was speechless. When she got home her mom ripped her sleeve up and looked at her arm. She said "This is too far. I'm getting you help tonight! You left your diary out this morning and i read it and saw the blade." She screamed "MOM NO!" The next thing she knew her mom was on the phone with a Mental Hospital. Then she was packing to stay there for a week or two. Her mom drove her there that night. She kept saying "This place was a prison." The first night she went straight to bed. She was too upset to stay awake. The next morning Zach noticed she wasn't on the bus. He thought of excuses so that he wouldn't feel bad. Maybe she overslept and missed the bus. Or Maybe she has a doctors appointment today and just forgot to tell him. Either way he figured she would get a ride to school afterwards. But she had never shown up. He started to think he scared her away. A long dreadful week has gone by now and she still isn't at school. Zach starts freaking out. He is really worried about her at this point. He thought of walking to her house many times but figured it would just make it worse. Half way through the second week he got the courage to call her. He tried calling her cell phone but no one answered. He called her about twenty times every hour. Then he just gave up. He had apologized over a hundred times. When Nichole got out of the hospital she didn't want to go back to school immediately. It was on a wednesday so she waited until Monday to return. That monday she got on the bus and tried to act as normal as she could. She slowly walked back to the seat Zach was sitting in and casually sat next to him. He looked up at her. Silent and confused. She apologized for being gone so long. Trying to say as little about the situation as possible. But Zach asked why she was gone and quickly thinking she responded with "I was taking a little bit of time off because of my step-father." He understood. That day they talked a lot. Mostly about what's gone on in Zach's life for those past two weeks. The day went by so fast because there was so much to talk about. The bell went off unexpectedly and school was over. They walked to the bus slowly so they had time to keep talking. When the bus got to Nichole's bus stop she stood up took two steps then turned around and said "Oh. By the way. I like you too." Zach's face turned as red as a perfect apple. Then Nichole walked off the bus and towards her house. Walking carefully and smiling a lot. The next day when they saw each other they just smiled like idiots. They sat next to each other on the bus. Once they got to school Anthony ran up to Nichole.