Chapter 4 : The Terrible Surprise

Anthony hugs her and tries to kiss her. But before they kiss Nichole pushes away. "Are you ok?" he was speaking with a concerned tone in his voice. She laughed and said "Yeah! I'm fine but I have to talk to you." She looked over at Zach and said "Alone." Zach giggles and walks away. Anthony is confused. She grabs him by the arm and drags him to the little hallway no one goes down. She looks up at him once again with an innocent expression on her face. She tried to explain how she felt about him but she didn't know what to say. She started out by saying, "So, I don't know how to say this but I don't think we are right together. We are two way different people, and yes sometimes opposites attract... But not in this case." Anthony just looks at her for a second then walks away. She goes to go after him because she feels bad. But one she got out of the little hallway a group of girls stopped her. They shove her back into the little hallway and call her a little bitch. They continue to push her a push her around and insult her for the rest of the week. They had seen her in the movie theater with anthony a few weeks ago. They didn't know that she had ended it with Anthony. But she let it happen because she had control over her anger but eventually she snapped. One of them pushed her while she was with Zach. When Zach went to check if she was ok she stood up and punched the girl in the face. She ended up giving the girl a bloody nose. The girl ran down to the office to tell but they had been watching all week. Nichole didn't get in any trouble and the girls stopped pushing her around. Everything was back to normal. Well not everything. Zach and Nichole were head over heels for each other. Neither of them ad really been in love before so they didn't really know what to do. So they just acted normal or tried to act normal. Zach was trying to think of a romantic way to ask her out. Maybe through. Maybe on a picnic. Maybe with a promise ring. He couldn't decide on what to do. He thought all day but nothing came to mind. It had to be perfect. Then he realized if he was going to ask her out he'd have to have something to do for the date. He thought. Maybe a picnic in the park for dinner, a night time walk, a late night movie, and then he would walk her home. Now that he had that part figured out he had to figure out how to ask her. Nichole may be emo but she is a girl so it HAD to be romantic. He new she would say yes already but he really wanted her to feel special. Because to him, she was the most special girl in the world. No one had ever made him so happy before in his life. The only thing that had come close was his little sister ashley. She came into his life 12 years ago and he loves her so much but loving his sister isn't the same as loving nichole. When the bell rang everyone got on the buses he was still trying to think of how he was going to ask her out. By the time the bus stopped at her house he was frustrated that he couldn't think of anything. So he didn't end up asking her out that day. He waved good-bye through the window as the bus started to leave. When Nichole walked in the house she saw boxes all over the place. She asked her mom why there were boxes everywhere. Her mom replied with a cheerful and excited voice "We're moving!" Nichole threw her bag across the room and screamed "I hate you!"