Chapter Five -

^^Guards Coat^^

Birds sing sweetly as the warm sun hits my face. waking me from the most comfortable sleep in ages yet scariest I welcome the morning with a light sigh of pleasure glad to have woken from my nightmare. It was horrible.

Opening my bright blue eyes I see a roof over my head. Turning my head to the side I see a wall, a glass window and a nightstand.

Shit

Sitting up faster than lightning I feel pain electrocute my whole body. Giving out a reluctant groan I deeply inhale.

The putrid smell of wolves. That was no dream.

I pull back the fine quilt from over my bare legs, seeing I'm in a pair of night shorts and a tank top while bandages big small litter my body. Swinging my legs over the fine bed I quickly stand up starting to feel a little dizzy and place my hand on my forehead that touches one of my bandages.

Alright, get ahold of yourself, Addison. You and Kamryn need to get out of here. Luckily I'm feeling a much better.

Looking around the room for anything I can use as a weapon I stumble upon a pair of pointy medical scissors. They should be sharp enough, I think to myself as I look around for anything else. Opening a closet I find familiar clothes, some of them are mine but some pieces aren't and look brand new. Sweet. Thanks, you pathetic wolves for the giveaway.

Stripping out of my shorts and shirt leaving me in my underwear shorts and bra , I slip on my brown pants, slip on the new grey loose long sleeved shirt, lace up the new leather arm guards with leaf design replacing my old worn ones, Lace-up  my leather bodice and pull my dark hooded leaf green just above the knee length sleeveless vest before lacing it up over my bodice. Pulling on my brand new boots I tiptoe over to the door and open it silently. 

peeking out I see one guard and then close the door. Striding silently over to the window I look out and see no one in the little garden below. Pushing the window open I stand on the sill and climb up onto the roof of what I'm ninety-nine precent sure to be this unimportant pack's, pack house.

Crawling across the warm black roof heated by the sun I couldn't help but look at the view below. A field of grass dotted with people. Werewolves and other shifters who I'm guessing are this pack's slaves but even though I don't know any of them I feel connected to them somehow. But even more, there are a few connections that are really strong, one that is Kamryn, one who is my mutt of a mate and the other two are familiar but I can't place from where all I know is there is comfort in the connections.

Continuing along the roof I find a nice secluded area of the roof I can jump from to ground level which happens to be a nicely manicured garden filled with a variety of hedges and colourful flowers.

Jumping I land on my feet but I can't help but hiss out in pain from my slowly healing injuries. Slowly I stand up not to be quiet but to prevent hurting myself any further and Tiptoe through the garden, my ears on high alert for any threatening noise.

My feet lightly stepping on the cobblestone pathway I hear footsteps heading my way. In a flash, I drop the scissors and shift into my gorgeous slick black wolf and pick the scissors up in my mouth and hide in a running water fountain to mask my scent.

"Did you hear about what's happening in the war?" A dark-skinned she-wolf asks the blonde headed she-wolf next to her both wearing identical uniforms. Blue shin length dress with a silver embroidered pattern along the bottom and a high collar and with it a Black uniform styled over jacket with silver Frog fasteners along the front, riding boots and a sword at each of their waists.

"No, I did not, but we better hurry up we have to check the stables." The blonde says with an overly formal tone.

"Well according to in tell they're going to be electing a leader like a king or president for after the civil war." The shorter girl says in disgust "Can you believe that! They are so confident they're going to win just because they have lots of support. We outnumber them by hundreds or even thousands."