Ch. 7: A cold blanket

I heard the sound of someone tiptoeing around in the room. I tried to open my eyes, but a sharp pain cut through my head and forced me to shut them again. But judging by the sounds, someone lit a fire and moved some furniture. Maybe a couple of chairs. There was the rubbing of cold hands, a small huff, and a sniffle. Then I heard the sound of footsteps walking away and a door slamming shut.

The silence was bringing me more questions than answers, and I felt desperate to know what was going on and where I was. So I was relieved when I heard footsteps again and Leah cursing from the outside. Then the door opened, and she trampled inside. A loud rumble of wood falling to the floor made me groan in pain, but she didn't hear it because she was busy shutting the door.

Eventually, I managed to open my eyes into thin slits and squinted around. We were inside a tiny one-room cabin. It looked old. As suspected, the fireplace was lit, and it started to heat up the area close by. Leah was standing in front of it, about to take off her clothes. I'd seen her naked several times before, but it still made me ache for her. Even now.

How could she be so perfect?

I discovered that my clothes were hung to dry over the back of a chair, and I realized that I had to be naked too since my boxers were hanging right next to my sweatpants. Now Leah was hanging up her own clothes, and she was hands down the prettiest girl I'd ever laid my eyes on. Her narrow waist and her round ass were nothing less than perfection, and she had the cutest butt dimples I'd ever seen. Her breasts were firm and perky, and her nipples were hard as ocean pearls, and I would never forget how they felt against my palm that day in the sauna.

Every time she turned away from the fireplace to place her clothes over the back of the chair, I could see her nicely trimmed pubic hair. Dark blonde and curly. I licked my lips. She looked so incredibly... Cold?

"Heey... Come here," I murmured hoarsely. I rolled over to my side to make room for her and caught her eyes. Her worried face cracked up into a big smile and she sighed in relief.

"Michael! You're awake! I was so afraid..."

She choked on her words and suddenly looked traumatized, and I wanted to hug her to calm her down. To erase this terrible thing that obviously had frightened her.

"Come here," I said again and opened the covers. I knew she could see me, but she already had, since she was the one who'd undressed me. The thought made me feel a bit awkward, and she probably felt the same way. She blushed but came over and sat down with her back facing me and her head hanging low. But when I snuck my arm around her waist and pulled her close, she gave up and laid down next to me.

Finally...

She was awfully cold. So cold that she was shaking. I embraced her from behind, wanting her to relax and to get the warmth back into her body, and loved the way she melted against me. She took my hands into hers and held them tightly to her chest.

"I thought you were dead."

Her voice cracked, and I knew she was crying even without seeing her face. That's why I gave it some time before I asked the question that was burning inside my head.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"Mhm," she sniffled. "You remember the moose, right?"

I giggled.

"How could I forget?"

I felt her smile, but I knew she was still crying, and it was tearing me apart.

"Good. That means your concussion isn't too severe."

She made a tiny pause before she continued with a trembling voice.