25 : the end and the beginning

"I need to pee but I also think I'm going to be sick." Valoria rambled, sucking in a deep breath as the hair stylist sprayed the final layer of hair spray.

"If you ruin that makeup I will personally end you." Natalia piped, and Valoria let out a small laugh. "You're not allowed to bully a bride on her wedding day."

"But we, as bridesmaids and maids of honor, are allowed." Kat said with a cheesy smile as Valoria stood up so they could adjust her veil against the tiara that sat on her head.

"You look so good I'm gonna cry!" Alisha gushed, and Natalia nodded with a wide smile. "I'm so in love with this look."

Valoria turned to the mirror to examine her appearance just as the stylist took a final step back. "You truly look beautiful."

Her dress was strapless with a sweetheart, rhinestone encrusted, neckline that hugged her body to the waist, where it puffed out into a shimmery white fabric all the way to the floor. Her hair fell in big curls around her shoulders but pulled away from her face and a tiara was placed atop her head to secure her veil.

Tears welled up in the brunette's eyes as she turned to her friends. "I'm fucking getting married."

"Damn straight! Now don't you dare cry, you need to walk down the isle in twenty minutes." Alisha chided, causing Valoria to erupt in laughter rather than tears.

"Now before you go, we have to give you these." Millie said, standing up with Sadie, who held a small box.

"Something blue, something borrowed, something old, something new." Sadie said as she opened the box. Inside it contained a small blue pearl pin that Kat tucked behind the tiara, an anklet that Alisha explained belonged to her mother, and a silver cuff bracelet that Natalia had purchased from an antique store and engraved 'Mrs. Valoria Keery' on the inside. "Something old and new." She said with a gentle smile as she slipped it on her wrist, then moved her hand to quickly wipe the small tear that leaked out of her friend's eye.

Once they finished gushing over her, a knock on the bridal door broke them out of their huddle. Finn and their mother stood at the door, and she took a minute to gush over her daughter before pressing a kiss to her hairline and telling her it was time.

Valoria opted to walk down the isle alone, with her bridesmaids and maids of honors ahead of her. She could barely register her feet moving down the isle as she took in shaky breaths and made her way to the alter, taking Joe's hand.

Joe's face held a soft, loving gaze that never left Valoria's eyes as he helped her up to alter and recited his vows. They were in their own world in each other's eyes and nothing could break it.

Once the 'I do's' were said and the priest announced them man and wife, Joe wasted no time in dipping Valoria and planting a soft, gentle kiss to her lips that left her giggling as they pulled away. The crowd cheered as Joe and Valoria exited the alter hand in hand and entered the limo that would take them to the reception venue.

"You're officially Mrs. Valoria Keery." Joe said with a wide smile, causing Valoria to let out a laugh. "I know my name, babe."

He rolled his eyes and leaned in to kiss her once again, this time with much more passion and promise than the soft kiss at the alter.

This was Valoria's future, and she was damn excited to see what it'll bring.

THE END !