FOUR

"are you confused?"

victor tried to sit up properly, and forgot that he was chained to the bed. he struggled, then stopped, then breathed heavily. yuri waited patiently.

"so," he started off softly, "i'll put it simply for you."

yuri blushed, then started laughing again.

"i'm sorry," he said, hiding his face with his hands. "it's embarrassing."

he looked through his hands, then dropped them into his lap.

"i wore a balaclava as if i were some kind of fucking amateur robber - "

he paused, then smiled at victor teasingly, seductively, fucking terrifyingly.

" - and i wore your jacket."

this isn't happening.

"you still confused?" yuri asked, picking up his grey denim jacket from over the end of the bed; victor hadn't noticed it.

"there weren't any cctv cameras in the gym, so i took that balaclava off and put it in my back pocket. that's why my hair was wet. i told you i set off the sprinklers."

victor closed his eyes and tried to pretend he was fever-dreaming. the pain of the handcuffs cutting into his wrists didn't allow him.

"it's good that there weren't any cameras in there, actually," yuri mused, clicking his tongue. he laughed lightly. "because i sort of wanted them to see me when they died."

he tilted his head at victor and raised his hand like a gun, one eye squinted shut as if in aim.

"pow," he whispered, using his thumb as a trigger, before laughing cherry red once more.

"they think it was me?" victor asked bluntly, and yuri paused before he nodded.

"uh huh. they're gonna be talkin' to students today and i'm gonna tell them how you threatened me a few times. even smashed the boys' bathroom mirror because i wouldn't give you head or something."

yuri smiled brightly, before he got up from the bed and headed for the bedroom door.

"or maybe just because you're fucking crazy. i don't know. i haven't decided yet."

he pulled on his jacket, over his yellow tee and high-waisted jeans.

"oh come on, baby," yuri said, turning back to face victor before he left. "don't look like that. being fucking crazy is great."

he left the door open, so that victor could hear him going down the stairs humming "robbers" whilst thinking as hard as he could about how in hell yuri had stolen his jacket.

🥀

phichit stood outside the principal's office with headphones in his ears and peach iced tea in his hand. he was still trying to think of how he could explain being alone downstairs in the basement with chris giacometti without it sounding suspicious, and still trying not to think of seung-gil lee as one of those lying dead in the gymnasium.