EIGHT

CHERRY COKE
🥀FOX ACADEMY

" - should've shot him in the leg to watch him bleed."

it was moments like these that made victor have to take a moment to realise he'd kissed this boy before. sat on one of the two yellow leather sofas he watched yuri walk around in a plain white tee and navy knee socks with a white stripe around the thigh, that same carving knife being swapped from hand to hand and playing the eels on vinyl.

"don't you think?" yuri said, turning on his heel. "wouldn't you have liked to see him die, baby - that jj leroy?"

yuri swing the knife by the handle in his left hand, lips pursed. victor couldn't believe this was the same dark haired, dark eyed boy under the peach sky and sunset light. he went back to whittling a  spare piece of the banister out of not knowing what to say and nothing better to do.

"three shots to the chest was too quick, wasn't it?" yuri said, sucking his teeth. "fuck. i could've made it so much better, sweetheart, you've got no idea - "

yuri spun on his heel in time with the music.

" - the things i'd do to that boyfriend of yours," he said wistfully, dancing a little and reminding victor of the uncontrollable control of leaving hickeys on yuri's thighs. then he remembered the taste of mr delaney's when he'd kissed yuri's mouth and his legs tensed up.

"why've you got that knife?"

"this?" yuri asked, raising it as casually as a bottle of coca cola. "oh, y'know, just for if you try to run again. now that i know you can break out of handcuffs, baby, i've gotta watch out."

yuri smiled teasingly, seductively and fucking terrifyingly when he said that, and held the knife's handle firm in his hand. then he adjusted the spinning vinyl and licked his bottom lip as he did so. victor looked at everything about him - the shape of his legs highlighted by the knee socks - and realised he really ought to be scared of him.

the thing was, he was wary - and fucking terrified - but not scared. it was worrying.

"lookin' at my legs again, huh, stalker boy?"

yuri but his lip and laughed. then he took victor's jacket from the banister post.

"recognise this?" he asked, an eyebrow raised, and tossed it to victor. then he put on his own jacket, an acid-washed denim blue. victor looked at the collar of his jacket and knew exactly what jacket it was from the teasing, dangerous tone of yuri's voice.

"how did you even manage to get it?" he asked. yuri shrugged.

"same way you broke out of those handcuffs i'm guessing, babydoll," he said simply. "hair pin in a lock. old school. i wonder if they've sent the police after you yet."

yuri pulled on those beat-up looking white converse and ruffled his hair. then he struck a slight pose.

"what do you think?" he asked, still only wearing a tee that reached his knees and thigh highs. "this good enough to go to tell the police that you told me you wanted everybody in that damn school dead one day in the lockers?"