TEN

NOVOCAINE FOR THE SOUL
🥀EELS

phichit knew that he shouldn't allow himself to be enjoying that moment, what with chris climbing in through the bedroom window with the white curtains, but he couldn't help but blush and smile at his shoes with yuri dancing around the room to the 1975 spinning on vinyl.

i like him.
i like him a lot.

"tell me about him."

phichit looked up, and saw yuri drawing lazy circles on the floorboards with his right foot, loose overalls with one strap hanging down off of his left shoulder.

"about who?" phichit replied, and knew he was cherry red and doing that thing he did when seung-gil rubbed his leg under the table in that diner; pushing his hair back behind his ears repeatedly, and leaving it hanging in his eyes.

yeah.
i like him a lot.

"about your boyfriend, of course," yuri said, voice soft, and sat down next to phichit on the yellow leather couch. phichit breathed in that smell of cherry candy, and tried not to blush as deep as he knew he was.

what if chris is right?

"you mean seung-gil?"

what if he is a psychopath?

yuri nodded, and pursed his lips; phichit hadn't noticed that he did that before.

"oh," he started off, looking down and pulling the sleeves of his baby blue sweater. "you mean - "

"i mean tell me about him," yuri shrugged, and uncrossed his legs. he ran a finger up and down phichit's leg as if careless, but it sent firecrackers off on phichit's skin.

oh god.

"i've heard people talking," yuri whispered, and he was very close to phichit now. "about how he was...towards you..."

phichit sighed, and focused on yuri touching him. he wanted to kiss him, like he'd let seung-gil kiss him all those damn times before.

god, were yuri's cherry lips so fucking close.

"can we not talk about him?" phichit asked, and noticed that yuri looked a little surprised. he slowly dropped his hand. phichit didn't want to lose that feeling of him, and "settle down" was filling the room, and he forgot about chris forcing open the bedroom window upstairs and -

"can you kiss me?"

yuri looked at phichit, as the words passed the latter's lips, hesitant and isolated and along with the music.

"for crying out loud, settle down - "

"you want me to kiss you?" yuri echoed, and phichit thought for a moment he was going to get up off that lemon yellow couch and leave him. he grabbed yuri's arm, gently.

"please," he muttered. yuri but at his bottom lip, and seemed as hesitant as phichit had been, before he leant down to -