Chapter 1: The News

It has been days since she has last said a word. Since she last said anything to anyone. It has been days since she shut everyone out, something she never did in her life. Star, the most brightest, hyper, bubbly and lovable princess and friend has been in the worst scenerio anyone could think of after the news came to her weeks ago.

Queen Moon and King River Butterfly had been found dead for unknown causes in their room.

Ever since death of the king and queen, the whole kingdom of mewni, with their racist thoughts against monsters have been blaming them for the attacks and the murders of the king and queen, claiming they saw monsters coming in into the castle and attacking though there were no more dead people than just the king, the queen, and two soldiers. And if that wasn't worse, star had to take over the throne, and she wasn't ready to be queen. Not yet. Not on her 16th birthday.

Marco has been helping her, trying to comfort her but to star it wasn't enough. You see, she still loved him so much, she would give her life and the kingdom's life for him. She would sacrifice everything she had just to see him happy and alive. And that's what she has been doing for 2 years. Jackie and marco's relationship has grown stronger and stronger every day they hang out. They loved eachother more than what they used to and already had a plan for their future life despite being 16.

To star, that was enough for her. If he was happy she was happy despite the pain she felt deep inside that heart that was already sunked and hurt.

There was a soft knock on the door of her room, she has been sitting on her bed for many hours in silence without moving and looking down, slowly sinking deeper and deeper into her thoughts and feelings every second, minute, hours. She slightly jumped in surprise snapping her out of her thoughts. She looked at her clock.

8:43 pm

She has been sitting in her bed since 5 am, without eating anything. She sniffled softly and wiped her tears, sitting up straight and looking up, avoiding more tears to form. "C-come in" Her voice was softer and lower than usual. The door opened and marco walked in with a plate of soup, a cup of tea and a spoon. The room was quickly filled with the smell of the soup. He walked towards her and put it on her bed.

"Star? Are you ok? You haven't come out of your room for days...you haven't eaten anything either" he noticed the plate of now soggy and old nachos he made her two hours ago. They were untouched. He sighed softly and kneel infront of her.

"Star?" His voice was filled with concern and held both of her hands. She sniffled again and looked at him in the eyes. It has been a while since she last looked at him in the eyes. He looked different. Or maybe it was because she spent too much time drowning in her thoughts she forgot how he looked like. Yeah, maybe that was it.

"Look....i know it's....hard to move on, i know it's hard to deal with this whole thing that has been happening lately, but you have to eat and rest star, you are pale, you have gotten skinnier, you have to snap out of it please....your kingdom needs you" he sighed softly and looked down.

"I need you..."

There was a small silence. No one has ever said that to her in her life. Ever. She knew he was lonely despite being with jackie. She KNEW he needed a friend. He needed star back. His best friend. And she needed her friend too, she realized she couldn't just lock herself up on her room and run away from her problems. From her destiny.
She sighed and moved her hands away from his, cupping his face and bringing it up. He looked up at her, small beads of tears formed on his light brown eyes.

"I....i need you as well...i need my best friend...."

He smiled softly and hugged her tightly. It has been a while since she has said anything else than yes, no, and hm. She blushed softly and smiles back, hugging him and closing eyes. She didn't want this to end. She didn't want him to leave her side. She wanted him to stay with her forever until death do them apart, even if they were friends. And marco knew this. He didn't want her to leave like those two times she left earth afted confessing her crush for him, and when she was killed by toffee.

Speaking of which, they hadn't said a word about that. Did star still had a crush on him? Did she still loved him? Of course she did, she always has. But the problem was that he didnt know and she wouldnt tell him. She didnt want to ruin the relationship between marco and jackie.

Marco sighed happily and pulled away from the hug, smiling a bit more. He slowly got up, wiped his tears and took a deep breath.

"Hey, i have a free day tomorrow, jackie is going to be busy with her family and all and i was....gonna ask if you wanted to go on an adventure with me to any place you want....no rules"

"N....no rules?" She asked softly and looked at him. He shook his head and smiled "No rules"

She smiled back and nodded, slowly getting up "Marco i'd love-"

Knock knock

There was silence. Marco walked to the window and looked out. There was a carriage outside his house parked. He was confused for a second and so was star. She would usually get a letter or a call from the mirror. Why was there a carrige outside?

She looked at marco and tilted her head in confusion and marco shruged back as a response.
"Star, maybe we should-" the door opened and Angie walked in to the room, with one of the guards from the castle, holding a paper.

"Star Butterfly, we need to talk..."