Is this where we'll be forever?

I walked away from the house, slowly, and scared. I would've had to walk over his dead body to get out, so I just jumped off the roof. I walked some way, I don't know.
I heard a weird sound, a hum, not similar to the woman's I heard before. "what is that..?" I walked towards it, if it was something that would kill me, I don't really care that much.
I walked past a few trees and saw it, a weird hatch on the floor that was opened wide. It had a black mist that pumped from the inside, and I didn't know what to do. Do I jump into it? Maybe I should. What do I have to lose?
I sat down on the edge of it and put my leg into it as if I was about to drop into a pool on from the sidewalk. I put my other leg in, and it was warmer in the black mist. I looked down, and I couldn't see my submerged legs. I stared at it for another second, before pushing myself in.
I fell into a darkness where I couldn't see anything, and I was scared.
I began to scream in panic, and then slowly felt a solid against my back and then the black dissipated in a split second.
I felt the dry dirt and long green grass that was familiar to me minutes ago. I opened my eyes and then pushed myself off the ground.
I looked around, and saw a patch of grass that seems previously ripped out. Am I back at the campfire? I turned back where I remember coming from, and began running.
Jake, are you alive? Please, just a miracle, that's all I need. All I want.
I ran and then began to see the ever-lit campfire burning in the distance, then I heard a familiar voice, calling my name.
     "Dwight!! Dwight! Where are you?!"
I could tell it was Claudette, I grinned and pushed myself harder to run towards the campfire. Off in the distance, I could begin to see that it was indeed her.
"Claudette!" I cried, running straight towards her. As I neared the campfire, she began to run to me.
"Dwight! Where were you?" Claudette said with a worried look, and ran into me, hugging me tight.
"I-I went for a walk and then suddenly warped into another trial, there was a couple random people there. And I got them all killed."
Claudette dropped out of her hug and looked at me, and gave me a reassuring smile. "no you didn't, they made their own choices. It wasn't your fault."
Talking to Claudette for even this short time kinda made me stop freaking out about Jake, but it just came all back.
"Is he okay?" I said in a serious tone "where is he?"
Claudette looked at me, and gave me a teary eyed smile, and nodded yes.
I grinned, and ran around her, running onto our small area of land. I frantically looked around, noticing Ace and Nea talking, and Jake.
Jake was sitting alone, facing toward the forest. He was shirtless and had a large bandage wrapped around his waist, that also overlapped his left shoulder.
"J-jake" I cried, with a loud voice. My voice cracked from the flood of emotions. I ran towards him, and he turned around at the same time. My eyes filled with tears as I collapsed on the ground in front of him.
"I-" I froze in some sort of shock, and sniffled intensely "I though you were dead" I cried with my head on his knee, my tears making Jakes pants wet.
"It's okay. I'm okay" He said with a calm tone like normal, stroking my hair softly. I looked up, wiping my nose from the leaking snot, sniffling a little after.
"I missed you." I cried.
"Me too, Dwight. Me too."

fin.

I just made a sloppy ending, sorry I didn't feel like writing anymore, mainly just this, but here. Bye.
I might make another dbd fanfic, but idk.