Chapter 14

Kenneth woke up feeling oddly warm. The sort of warmth people usually only woke up with after having spent the night with someone. For a few moment Kenneth thought he was back home in Rico's arms. A heavy arm was around his waist and he could feel hot breath on the back of his bony plates. That sensation woke him up properly. It felt like cold water had been thrown over him. He opened one eye and wriggled around for a few moments. Eventually Kenneth managed to twist over to find himself in the arms of Ennitt, being used as a cuddly toy.

"Endotuer?" Kenneth thought, hoping the man was nearby. He was a seahorse again so he was in no state to go and find the man. Still, being in this form or not, it was strange to wake up in the arms of another man. 

"Morning sleepy head. Is there a problem?" Endotuer hummed in his mind gently.

"Why am I in bed with Ennitt?" Kenneth asked, studying his friend's face carefully. Ennitt looked exhausted. It made sense. Kenneth was always exhausted after big cases too and if Ennitt didn't have his own place, that meant he had no where to relax and recover. 

"I only have one bed and you were still in human form when you fell asleep," Endotuer said very neutral and calmly like it meant nothing. 

"Wait, you shared the bed with us too?" Kenneth shifted, looking over at the closed door Endotuer was behind.

"Of course. It is my bed," Endotuer snorted. The mer clearly saw no issues with this and the peacefulness was almost reassuring to Kenneth that nothing bad had happened. 

Kenneth still frowned, unnerved by the idea but accepted the answer. He remembered spending most of the evening being teased by Ennitt and play fighting. Ennitt seemed to take it in his stride that Kenneth was now a pet. He seemed to treat Kenneth mostly the same despite this. Well almost the same. Ennitt seemed more childish towards Kenneth at the moment. Kenneth yelped as the arm still around him tighten and he was pulled back into a hug. Kenneth groaned and Ennitt nuzzled against his skin.

"Is this normal?" Kenneth grumbled as the treatment. He had never expected to sleep next to his friend and it was strange being held so close to him. Ennitt seemed to calm slightly however, his face relaxing a little more. 

"Mostly. Seahorses are familiar so it isn't unusual for them to sleep with their master and their master's family," Endotuer commented calmly, his pleasure that Kenneth wasn't panicking over this flowing over their link. He had originally planned to make Ennitt sleep on the sofa, but his nephew had swept Kenneth up, from where he had passed out on the sofa and went to bed. Endotuer would be worried that his nephew had feeling for his pet, ones which he did not approve off for many reasons, except the look Ennitt had given Kenneth was not one of lust or love. Instead it was of fondness. Ennitt viewed Kenneth as a friend. Endotuer hoped.

"I sort of understand. Like how humans let dog or cats sleep with them in bed?" Kenneth mused.

"Exactly," Endotuer thought pleased that Kenneth was drawing parallels. "Especially for cub. They are getting used to be outside of the incubator so they need some physical contact. The only reason you don't sleep with me is because I didn't want to push you too quickly."

"Thank you," Kenneth said darkly. There was no way on earth he would willing sleep in the same bed as the the man who had done this to him. Sleeping beside a friend was one thing, heck even accidentally like last night was fine but willingly sleeping next to his kidnapper was another. He struggled out of the hold again, this time accidentally rolling off the bed and landing on the floor. Pain blossomed and he whimpered. "Shit, I need to stop doing that!" he groaned. At least he hadn't landed where he had been dropped the other day.