Chapter Two

I wake up around 1:45pm. Everything seems so quiet. My mom isn't enrolling me into school till next week. She supposedly thinks that if I get used to being around here I'll do better in school. That's a lie. I'm just glad I don't have to get up early, for now atleast.

Some how I managed to get my self up and go downstairs. I went to the kitchen to fix me some coffee and saw a note on the fridge saying: 'Hey Ryan, when you get a chance can you let the dog out back. And make sure the side gate is closed so he doesn't run away. Also, my parents and your mom went out somewhere. They said they'll be back around 10pm. So, yeah.. bye. ~Brendon'

I sigh and open up the back door. I hear the dog running down stairs, almost tripping over a few things and running out back. I look at the side gate and see that it's locked. I kinda smile and look at the dog. The dog looks like a golden retriever. How cute.

I go back to the kitchen to make me some coffee. As I finish making it I look at the clock and it say 2:57pm. Oh yeah, they're an hour ahead of us. I walk back to my room and turn on the tv. First thing that pops up is The Golden Girls. I used to watch this when I was kid with my mom. It was really good until I started growing out of it. I changed the channel and it landed on some horror movie with a girl running a way from a guy that has a chainsaw. Hm, this is interesting.

Just as I got into the movie I hear Brendon's door slam shut, nearly scaring the shit out of me. I open my door and get ready to knock on his door but I end up hearing someone sobbing.

"Brendon, are you ok?" I ask already knowing the answer. I hear him go quiet and just when I get ready to open his door he yells, "Stop! Yes I'm fine just leave me alone."

I open his door just a crack and try to see in. Before I could actually see in, the door slams shut making me fall back a bit. I rub my forehead wincing at a bump that is starting to form.

I force myself up and open his door. He's laying on his bed shivering and crying. I sigh and sit by him. "Brendon? What happened..?" He stays silent. I lean down and hug him tightly. He still isn't talking so I poke his side, knowing that's where he's ticklish at, making him jump. A small smile appears on his face. I tease him him and tickle him more. "Ok, Ok I'll talk just please stop tickling me." he says with a little bit of defeat in his voice.

I smile and look at him seeing he has a black eye. "Oh..." is all I say. He nods and sighs. "Who beat you up?" I say wrapping my arm around his shoulder trying to comfort him.

"This guy named Chance. He's such a douche to me. Everyday he teases me and calls me names. Today he called me a fag and told me I should kill myself cause no one loved me. I tried to punch him but he dodged and him and his friends beat me up."

I freeze up when he says the name Chance. Could he be the guy that beat me up in the 3rd grade?

I looked at Brendon and could see that he was holding back some tears. I hugged him and rested his head on my shoulder. He started crying and I tried my best to comfort him.

After a while, which seemed like forever, he stopped and wiped his eyes. He looked over at me and said, "I-I'm sorry I got your shirt wet." I laughed a bit and shook my head, "Don't worry about it, Brenny."