Skinny Love

Nitori Aiichirou didn’t mean to fall in love with Matsuoka Rin. He didn’t mean for his heartbeat to quicken when Rin merely acknowledged him, his razor sharp smile never quite as bright for him as, say, Nanase Haruka, for example. But, god did his heart stutter every time one of those smiles were aimed at him. Or, even worse, when combined with the way Rin called him “Ai”. He never meant to feel this way about him.

On his worst days, Rin was aggressive. He was cold. And had the tendency to shut people out. 

On his best days, he was only slightly warmer. He didn’t get annoyed so easily, and would even humor his first year roommate. Those days, no matter how rare they had been, those were the days Nitori lived for.

Nitori had always admired his senpai. But it had only been recently that he realized just how deeply that admiration ran. And, as soon as he had, he wished he hadn’t of.

But, then again, despite this boy’s flaws, Nitori saw what it was that made him great. His perseverance, his determination, his passion. There were so many good qualities to Rin that were so often overlooked. And Nitori loved him for each and every one of them. The good and the bad.

Nitori Aiichirou most likely wasn’t Rin’s first candidate when it came to stuff like this, and for now, Nitori supposed that was okay. He would better himself so that maybe one day, Rin would love him just as much as Nitori had grown to love him. He never meant to fall in love with Matsuoka Rin, and may even on some days be in loathe that he did, but he never for one second regretted it.