Ch.4

***Jess's outfit at top, forgot it on the last chapter. ***

*JayDee*

What a damn Thursday, I sighed as I took a deep breath, and looked around the curtain to the crowd. My heart was racing with anticipation. At the pace my heart was going I was worried I might have a heart attack. I kept myself occupied by playing with every piece of equipment on me, including Ibz.

It wasn’t much longer that I realized someone put their hand on my shoulder. I wasn’t scared of it, but as I looked up to see that it was Liam’s hand. Yep, the girls would probably lose their panties just to get this opportunity... oops, did I just think that, oh well. I mentally grin. I needed that. I was nervous as hell about going out there like this after the heartbreaking realization I came to earlier.

I turned my attention back to Liam, “Dude, you’re going to be fine.” I just shrugged, then looked at my guitar as if I have no clue what he was talking about. “I could see you fidgeting from the hall.” He pointed over to where the changing rooms are. That was a good hundred feet.

“Perfect”, I whispered to myself as I ran my hand through my wig, careful not to knock it off.

For most, wigs were uncomfortable, but it was the only way I could be me. I don't think I really wanted to take it off now, since I knew who I was now and the guys might be slightly pissed that I was technically playing them. The was that fact that I could never tell Anna this, even though she was my best friend. I was in so fricken deep. I cursed internally at my stupidity.

I sighed and looked back out at the audience, knowing full well that she was out there somewhere. I still felt like crap for when I told Anna I couldn’t go to the concert with her, but how could Jessie go when JayDee was up on stage?

I remembered the conversation on the way to the school bus with her, but I could see the disappointment in her eyes, but she also understood my family, what was left of it anyway. So, I assumed she thought I was referring to it, but there was no way I could be in that audience with the work I had to go through with this gig.

One Direction decided to pick me up here, since this was near where I lived. I’d be able to stay on like this. This was the annual Champlain Valley Fair. We had just gotten off for a little over a week vacation. I never came to them much, but I needed somewhere to start. A band that would take me as their first act; even though I don’t like One Direction’s music, the guy’s, themselves, were okay.

My thoughts went back to Anna. I could see she was hurt. My heart ached at thought of it. I did care about her. Not just because was coincidentally had the same last name, no relation, though. We had been friends for two years in three weeks as of yesterday. Does seem weird that I feel like I have to remember it?

Liam snapped me back to reality, “You got a girl on your mind?”

I nodded, “Kinda,” I wiped my sweaty hands on my jeans. I fixed the collar of my shirt, slightly, for no reason. Then, I remembered what shirt I was wearing and visabled breathed out feeling slightly better

He sighed, “Well, sing like you’re singing to her if you have to.”

I tried to hide my face as I felt it get red, being the wig was longish, it helped, slightly “I’m going on to introduce you. You need at least two songs, whether they’re yours or covers until we’re fully set up. Got it?”

I gave him a thumbs up, “Yup.”

He grinned, “Okay.” He headed out on stage.

I heard the crowd get wild that was when I made sure the noise reduction earphones were in. Being up here can kill your eardrums, just so you know. It was also connected to the speakers, so I knew when to get on stage. I kept an eye on Liam. Then the crowd got loud enough for the microphone to pick up. They were chanting my name even though they heard me before. I find it strange, but Liam was getting them hyped up about me.