Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Coles POV

I was tired of this.

But I wasn't going to stop. Ever.

I slip my hand through my short but tangling hair. Dear god I need a shower, but there were no showers in the forest.

I had been in here for weeks, that meant she had stayed for almost 6 months with that fucker.

What if he was... God dammit, I didn't want anyone else to touch her. I can't imagine what she is going through.

I picture her chained on a wall, locked in a cellar, or worse dead.

She's not dead.

I needed to see her, I even craved her little sisters snarky comments. I crack open another energy drink and rest on a tree.

I wouldn't survive long on energy drinks and granola bars. But I had a forest to search. Since I saw him drive somewhere in the forest.

I tuck my hands into the hoodie pocket to grasp the doll. I needed the hope, to get her back.

I hope she missed me as much as I missed her.

I start walking again, my backpack was getting lighter and I was losing weight. But gaining muscle with each step.

---

"The fuck..." I say to myself as I approach the side of the forest.

A large apartment building stood in my view. What was that doing here?

I'm sure they wouldn't mind me stopping by to clean up. I rub my chin, ignoring the hairs that have appeared from my trek through the forest.

I bite down nervousness as I approach the door. Taking in the strange familiarity of the building.

I knock awkwardly and I hear a few voices and shuffling behind the door.

Seconds later a woman opens the door. "Hello. May I help you?" She asks kindly. "I'm so sorry to intrude but I have been in the woods searching for my missing girlfriend, I'm sure you have heard of her. Lauren?" I say babbling on and she quickly nods.

"I was wondering if I could stop here for a quick shower, I would be in and out." I ask nervously and she bites her lip.

"Um, this isn't my house, I'll ask my, uh, boyfriend?" She says boyfriend as though she isn't sure what he is.

I nod and sit down the step. She runs back inside and I can hear their soft mumbles.

A moment later she reappears, "It took a bit of convincing but he finally said okay. Be quick." She disappears into the house quickly.

I was genuinely surprised that they allowed this.

I walk through the door to a normal looking home, the man who must be her 'boyfriend' was sitting on the couch with her.

"Um..." I start and he finishes, "Down the hall, to the left."

Even though he doesn't look at me, I could recognize his profile.

But I couldn't put my finger on it...

----------------------------------------------

Oh Cole, what are we going to do with you xD

I bet u can guess who he is with!

Sorry about the shortish chapter :/

Hope you enjoyed!

Comment Share and Vote!!