Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Lauren's POV

"Nothing could be worse than this." Bailey says motioning to her twisted and limp limbs.

"There's a reason he 'adjusts' us." I say, playing with Angel's hair. Bailey's eyes widen, even more than they already were.

"Adjust?!"

"Yes, that's what he calls that, he plays a 'game' called puppets. He basically ties strings to our wrists and ankles, and makes us dance and jerk in crazy ways." I say, my calm tone scared me.

"That's insane!" Bailey exclaims and I shrug, "What does he do that isn't?"

She nods in agreement, and I remember the phone in my hand. "What's your passcode?" I ask holding it up.

"3747, text or call him if you like." She says, cringing a little. I nod and swiftly type the numbers.

A relieving click sounds as the phone unlocks and the bright light lights up the dim room. Impulse makes me want to check the news and my social media, but sense battles against it. I open her messages and click on the overflowing conversation with Cole, I send a quick message.

'Cole? She found me.'

Angel grabs the phone and hungrily slides through apps, a happy smile tugging the corners of her lips.

"Do you have any games?" She asks, a full blown grin on her face.

Bailey chuckles and looks at her, "Probably not any you would like. Your free to look though." I see happiness also spreading across her face, Angel's happiness spread to everyone like a fatal disease, you can't stop it.

Before Angel can click an app, the phone chimes with a new message. I take the phone from her to see a message from someone you would think won the lottery.

'Lauren?! OH MY GOD LAUREN ARE YOUOKAYHASHEHURTYOUIMCALLINGTHEPOLICE!!!!!'

My heart stops, we need a plan, if we call the police he can get away. "Bailey, do you care if I call him?" I ask and she shakes her head, "Go ahead, just watch the battery. We can't have it die on us."

I quickly press the dial button and it only rings once.

"Lauren?! Oh My God!" He breathes, it felt so amazing hearing his voice.

"Cole, it's me. I need you to listen." I say, trying to keep my happiness to a minimum.

"What is it?" He tone quickly changes.

"You can't call the police, at least not yet."

"What?! You can't be serious!" He exclaims.

"I'm very serious, he's not here right now, if you call the police he can get away. I don't want him to go unpunished for this."

He's silent for a moment but he agrees when he talks, "I get it, we need a plan. Does Bailey know his schedule?"

I quickly out him on speaker and I turn to Bailey, "Do you know Daniel's schedule?" She nods and motions me to brim the phone closer.

"He'll be home tomorrow, pretty much the whole day, just gone in...the morning." She says, pausing to catch her breath.

"So we'll contact you when you need to call, okay?" I say and Cole agrees.

"Lauren before you go, can I tell you something?"

"Go ahead." I say.

"I love you."

A smile erupts on my face and I bite my lip, "I love you too." Mine comes out in a hoarse whisper, but I click end before setting it down.

Suddenly tears start to burst. "Lauren!" Angel cries wrapping her arms around me the best she could, "Don't cry, we're going to be saved, don't be sad."

I look up at her, the smile not missing from my face.

"I'm happy, Angel, I'm happy."

But I knew tonight was going to be agonizing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A plan is unfolding, but will it work?!

I hope you're enjoying, this has been so awesome to write! :D

TWO MORE CHAPTERS!!!

Hope you enjoyed!

Comment Share and Vote!

Beh-bai babes ;D