Part 1 ~The Beginning~

I followed Laith through the forest. We passed many things, until I heard lots of voices. As we went through the camp, many people shifted to protect their children. Even the children shifted to protect each other. I was surprised at that, because in all my life I had not seen a child shift other than myself. Laith was trying to tell the people we meant no harm. They seemed to listen to him, and went back into their homes to shift back. "Stop here." I looked up, to see a small house.

"How can you have houses here?"

"This place was abandoned. I found it and thought it was a great place for camp." We went inside the house. It was pretty empty, but had all the necessity's. "This is where you will be staying. If you stay in your home it will be too dangerous." I suddenly remembered about my father. He knew about my mother being a shifter. When she was taken away, he changed. He didn't care about anything anymore. Sure, he did raise me, but he just seemed souless and empty. I knew he wouldn't notice I was gone. It was summer so I didn't have to worry about school. "When you get your things you can redecorate. Follow me." We followed him upstairs. There was a bathroom and three bedrooms. "Who's bedroom is that?" I pointed to the door painted blue.

"That's my sister's room. Is it ok that she will be staying with you?"

"It's fine." Both Tama and I said at the same time. We both laughed.

"Are you sure? She can be quite a handfull."

"We're sure! How old is she?" At that moment a little Cheetah ran into the hall. I watched it as it went into the room with a blue door. A minute later a little girl came out. She was wearing a cute little blue dress. "Laith lets go play!" She turned to look at Tama and me. "Who is this?" Suddenly her eyes brightened. "You can play with me too! We can play with my dolls, or play castle! Laith is king," She looked directly at me. "You can be queen, since I am already princess." She looked at Tama now. "You can be my lady in waiting!" When Laith finally spoke up, the little girl was skipping around us. "Armela, Tama, meet my little sister Fleta."

"Nice to meet you Fleta."

"I'm going to call you Mel and you Ta!" She ran out the door. "She seems very energetic..."

"Oh wait till you see the rest of her." At that moment I saw a flash of brown peek in through the door. "Hurry up!"

When we got outside. Fleta was running around again. When we got outside I got a closer look at Fleta. She had brown hair like her brother, but had Hazel eyes. "Let's play!" I shouted a Tama and Laith looking forward to playing the game. "Armela, you can be such a kid!" I laughed knowing it was true. I caught up with Fleta. She grabbed my hand and we skipped around, waiting for Tama and Laith to catch up. When they did Fleta, and I were singing Ring around the rosies. Tama joined in, while Laith just stood to the side laughing at us. "I have to go guys. Can you watch Fleta for me?"

"Yeah I can watch Fleta, I have to watch Armela everyday, so why not?"

"Hey!" I said faking hurt.

"Sorry." It didn't sound like she meant it because she was laughing.

"Meanie." I stuck my tongue out.

"See that's exactly why I think you are a kid." I looked around again to see Laith gone and Fleta just staring at us. "Fleta how about we play another game?"

"Ok. How about... question game!"

"How do you play that?"

"We ask each other questions and you have to answer!"

"Ok!"

In my head I thought, Let the games begin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My second update of this book! This chapter was for you to meet Laith's sister. In the next chapter they will be answering the questions.