Chapter -3

From that onwards she did every efforts to make him feel special. She prepared breakfast for him daily and came home early from her work to make dinner for him all by herself.
But nothing was of any use because he didn't even notice a single effort made by her to adjust in the new world where the only person that mattered to her was him.
At times she felt dejected by his indifferent behaviour but still continued doing whatever was her duty as a wife. One day while cooking , her hand gets burnt. But Arnav being too busy with the office work, he doesn't notice it.
She thinks about that incidence and his daily indifference again and again and cried whole night. Next day she doesn't go to office as her mind was still messed up with the thoughts of the previous day incident. She cries whole day and night. Her health gets worsened, she feels dizzy. Arnav comes home, asks the maid about her. As the maid informs her that she is her room, a call comes on Arnav's phone and leaves home again for a meeting without even meeting her. He returns home late at night and doesn't even notice that Laila is ill. She did more than what she as a wife was supposed to but sadly she never received love from Arnav's side. This affected her a lot.
It became a daily routine that Laila used to make breakfast and dinner for him but the next morning, she doesn't wake up and he doesn't even notice that fact and leaves for office.