seven

" Look at this. You know this?"

She asked, showing him a picture of himself, crossed with a big red x sign.

Then one more, where he was kissing his girlfriend on the couch, where he was covered with red signs. Jungkook knotted his brows, assuming a darker and more confused expression.

"What... What is this?"

She looked at the pictures again.

"I found them in Vitale's room... There are even more of these... Maybe he did have a problem with you..."

Jungkook seemed shocked. He scratched his nape and confusedly tried to understand the information.

"You have any idea of why he hated you Jungkook?" Camille asked cautiously.

"Actually not... I never did anything bad towards him..."

"Mail the other guy that lives with you and ask him if he knows anything. In the meanwhile I will ask Sánchez to look for anything about it. I think this is important."

"Why? That won't help finding the password-"

"It will. Think about it. What if the target wasn't some unsatisfied consumer or some seller of drugs that were angry with Vitale... What if you stepping on the bomb was no mistake?"

"This can't be-"

"Quickly, call your roommate and put it on speaker mode! I will ask him myself!"

Jungkook followed Camille's order and soon, the boy picked up the call.

"Hey man, how ya' doing?"

"Good morning sir. This is the NYPD. We are calling for some infos, this is really important. Can you answer some questions?"

"OMG yes sure what happened?"

"Have you ever noticed something that made you suppose Joey Vitale didn't like Jeon Jungkook?"

"Oh, don't let me get started." while he laughed for himself, Camille and the boy exchanged a questioning glimpse.

"Be more specific."

"Man, he hated you. To mention some, he always stole money from you, he slept in your bed without changing his dirty clothes, he was the one that broke your pc and he cleaned the WC with your toothbrush."

"HE DID WHAT?"

"Why did he dislike him so much?"

"I don't know. But it always got worse when that Lisa girl came over."

"Why would Lisa worsen the situation?"

Camille's eyes squinted, as the puzzle pieces fell in place.

"One last question. Do you have any clue of who was Joey's previous girlfriend?"

"Nope sorry..."

Camille hung up quiclky and called Sánchez, as she checked the timer of the bomb.

Only 15 minutes left.

"Kookie, what is Lisa's surname?"

"Rodgers... but what does Lisa have to do with this-"

Camille hurriedly called the police dept.

"Sanchez! Take Rodgers Lisa to the department and interrogate her. I believe she knows who Vitale's previous girlfriend was! And Interrogate Vitale himself again. I believe that what he claimed was bogus."

"What has Lisa to do in this?" Jungkook asked again, not earning any answer from Camille, as she kept on telling sanchez what he had to ask.

"Oh and how many letters compose the password-?" Camille hung up and turned at the boy. His face was confused.

"Don't worry we are almost there."

He didn't look convinced.

"Jungkook." she called with a firm yet gentle voice. "Look at me."

Jungkook shifted his eyes and met the officer's green eyes.

"Believe in me. We are almost there." she pleaded, with a light smile curving her lips.

He didn't expect that cold girl to talk like that towards him, to which he responded with a nodd.