[19]

They were in the junkyard, where the fight happened.

Jess got out of her bike, running Mike and El, helping Mike get El off his bike.

El looked up and widened her eyes.

"Blood..." she whispered, pointing at her face.

Jess furrowed her eyebrows, Mike looking up at Jess to see what she was talking about and froze, widening his eyes.

"Jess, have you been getting the yearly nosebleeds lately?" he asked.

"Uh, no. I haven't been getting them since the year I had amnesia. Why?"

El wiped Jess's upper lip, Jess widening when blood was revealed on her hand.

"E-Even if I were still getting them, I would be needing tissues because of the amount of blood that I lose. That's j-just a drop." Jess stammered.

"Maybe you have powers like El," Mike suggested.

"How? There's no evidence that proves-"

"You helped," El says, looking at her.

Jess turned to El.

"Van. You helped. Couldn't on my own." El elaborated.

Jess swallowed.

"Well, I did feel lightheaded after seeing the van flip, but that's not important right now! Come on, you need to rest."

As they helped El out of Mike's bike, Jess told them.

"If I do have powers like El, don't tell the boys alright? At least not yet. They'll freak!" Jess asked, Mike nodding.

"Ok, it'll be our secret," he says, El nodding.

"Secret."

El held onto Mike as he helped her sit down as Lucas and Dustin catch up to them.

"Holy...holy shit! Did...did you see what she did to that van?" Dustin exclaimed, making Jess roll her eyes, chuckling.

"No Dustin, we missed it," Mike says.

"Yeah Dustin, we just went blind when El did the most badass van flip in the history of forever." She says, smiling at El, who smiled.

"You too," she whispered, only for her to hear.

Jess winked at her.

"I mean that was..." Dustin was stammering, trying to find the right words.

"Awesome."

Jess looked up to see Lucas, her grin fading.

El looked up to see Lucas, shocked to hear a compliment from him.

"It was awesome," he says, walking up to El.

Jess gave him a warning glare.

He kneeled down to her eye level and looked at El.

"Everything I said about you being a traitor and stuff...I was wrong."

El looked so relieved, her expression softening a ton.

Jess was happy that Lucas finally caught up that El was just trying to help them, but she was still heartbroken about that comment he made about Gabby.

"I'm sorry," he says, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Eleven looked at him, looking apologetic as well.

"Friends..."

she shook her head.

"Friends don't lie."