Chapter 8

Five days later, the arrangement was working out very well. Claire still gave Blinky apple slices, but otherwise Vendel was making sure the toddler was eating right. Blinky had all of his energy back and was using it to cause no end of mischief. Blinky was picking up bits and pieces of english, so most of the time he would babble in trollish, but occasionally he would say things in english, like "up" or "yes". Toby was using this to his advantage, leading to troll market being disturbed by a tiny blue blur screaming, "I am Spartacus!"

The other trolls were surprised to see a baby, since there weren't many families living there, but they liked having Blinky running around. The female trolls liked to pick him up and give him troll sweets (much to Vendel's amused disapproval). The male trolls more or less ignored him, seeing him as a little annoying, but they grew to like him too.

Blinky ran around a corner, knocking over a stand, which spilled various items into the path. Jim sighed and apologized to the disgruntled shopkeeper before dashing off after his small friend. When was this finally going to end?! Sure, baby Blinky was super cute, but he was quite a handful. Jim was tired of apologizing for all of Blinky's mischievous actions. Although, the crayon drawings decorating Vendel's living areas were pretty adorable. Jim smiled to himself, thinking of how embarrassed Blinky would be when they got the real him back.

Speaking of which, Blinky had been a baby for ten days now. Then only had four more days left until they could get their friend back. But where was Blinky now? Jim panicked for a minute before spotting him with Aargh, hanging from one of the gray troll's large arms and laughing. Jim smiled as he walked towards his friends, thinking that he might just have to make the most of the next four days with the little blue toddler.