Chapter 9

*Only a few hours of spell remain!*

"Trollhunter, have you seen little Blinkous?" Vendel asked. Jim looked up in surprise from where he had been sitting with Claire and Toby in Blinky's library. "No, he's been with Aargh all day." Vendel shook his head, "I just checked with Aargh. He thinks Blinkous has been with you three!" Aargh appeared behind Vendel, looking just as worried and confused as the old troll, said, "I thought he was with Vendel."

Jim and his friends dashed around trollmarket, overturning everything, everywhere, in search of their tiny friend. Jim was starting to panic, he couldn't find Blinky anywhere! All of a sudden, Claire was shaking his shoulder frantically. "Jim! Jim! I think I know what happened. I had the key to trollmarket in my bag, I was letting Blinky play with the bag, he must have taken the key! He must have watched us do it enough times to copy us."

Jim rubbed his eyes and moaned, "But it's daytime! Where could he have gone?" Just then, Jim's phone rang. As he answered, Toby watched his face melt from apprehension to shock, then to sheer panic. "Mom, don't do anything. Keep him with you. I know what's going on, I promise I'll explain when I get there. Bye. No mom I really have to go, just keep him there. No he's not going to hurt you! I'll be there soon!" Jim turned to his friends, slowly lowering his phone. "Blinky's in my basement...with my mom."