chapter 8

"what if we get caught"!
Silence followed the question.
"Well answer me Lola"!
I screamed shaking in the passenger seat. Wondering if I'll go to jail for witnessing a murder and not telling police.
"Relax... We're gonna be just fine. Haha I wore gloves " she lit her cigarette and turned on the radio. How can she act like nothing happened. She brutally murdered someone and she's acting like she didn't. But then I started to think back at what he did to me in the basement .

And I thought... I don't know whether to be scared for my life or to thank her.

" How about we get ice-cream, that is after you get some clothes on". Lola giggled and flicked her cigarette butt out the window.
" S-sure ..... I-i .... Thank you"
I put my head down and let the tears fall from my eyes to my lap. I have a murder living with me and I don't know what to do.

Three months went by and things were getting back to normal. I was working, seeing my therapist, and organizing. And of course Lola was sitting by the tv with both feet on the couch .

"Hey do you remember that guy we killed?" Lola said getting up to stretch.

I shivered in the thought of it, I thought we were over this why is she bring it up again. My hands started to shake so I squeezed them tightly.

"Calm down I'm not trying to upset you, I was just thinking of good times."
She giggled so evily it pissed me off.
"Good times?! ...good times!, Nothing about it was good you killed him and we didn't call the cops or anything I'm scared for my life thinking someone is going to find out and you think it's good times! I think it's best if you leave now Lola"

She looked at me intensely as if she was looking into my soul . Then she looked down at the floor and smiled

"If that's what you want I'll go, you know my number if you need me "
She headed up stairs to pack her things and when she came back down she gave me a hug and left.

"It was that easy..." I said closing the door and cleaning the mess she made . 
A smile creeped across my face knowing she was finally gone