Contract

5 Days Before meeting Ozpin

Pov (F/N)

Another day another night of night terrors. I can never get a break. Strapped for lien again so I took a contract to hunt a rouge huntsman. I usually don't do this but I got no choice how else am I gonna reunite with my family.

"Let's see semblance is limited teleportation, weapon is dual swords that turn to dual pistols, and is wanted for killing another huntsman. Hmm seems easy enough." I begin my search in an abandoned farm. Yep not creepy what's so ever. I make my way to the barn to begin my search.

I use my powers to quickly sense any presence. Hmm nothing ok now the house. I make my way across the field towards the old building. The wind was blowing and the sun was setting. Great it's getting dark better hurry. I make it to the door of the 3 story building. I reach for the door until I sense a presence behind me.

Before I could react I was kicked through the door inside the building. "Shit where is he?" As I got up he used his semblance to relocate somewhere. "This is gonna be harder than I thought." I grab a wind dust crystal and bite into it. Surprisingly these taste good. I finished consuming the dust and activated a wind aura around me. At least this eases the constant pain I'm feeling. I readied my weapon and closes my eyes. Let's see if I can sense him somewhere.

I feel a large amount of wind appear behind me and this time I was ready and grabbed the man's incoming attack. I aim my weapon and fired 2 rounds before he kicks me off balance. He tries to teleport away but it appears he is struggling. "Sorry I cancelled out your semblance for a bit." I smile as he turns to me reading his swords. Great a challenge. I charge at him but he moves to the side and slices at my back and kicks me away again. I quickly begin to roll as I hear gun shots being fired and impacting the floor next to me. I quickly get up and dash to the nearby room.

I reposition behind a table and wait for him to appear. I hear him turn the corner and fire my gun. I hit him in the arm but quickly takes cover. I take this moment to dash towards the wall and smash into it. I intensified the wind around me to blast through the wall and tackle the huntsman. Using my free hand I blast him to the next room through a wall. As he impacts the next wall I fire my last shot and hit his left forearm.

Loading my weapon with wind from my hand I quickly make my way towards the room, but then I feel a sharp pain in my leg. Shit he's quick. His sword is stabbed into my thigh and I use my other leg to kick him away. He gets up with only one sword and his free hand on his side. Must not be able to hold his other weapon. We charge eachother, he almost stabbed me in the chest but I quickly moved slightly to the left and felt his sword pierce my shoulder. I take this moment and fire all four rounds into his chest.

The Huntsman falls down lifeless and I have a menacing grin on my face. Shit this is why I don't take these type of jobs anymore. I snap myself back to normal and my smile fades. I pull the sword out and I feel my wounds beginning to heal. I collect his weapons as proof that the job has been completed and exit the building. I make my way back to get paid so I can make my final trip to Vale where I know Yang will be.

2 days later

Pov Qrow

"Hmm been a while since another dead huntsman was found." I hear a bullhead appear as I turn and exit the place and see Ozpin exit the ship. "Hey Oz what brings you here."

Ozpin: "Curiosity seems the person killing these huntsman is back at it again." Ozpin says this as he slips from his mug.

"But they are rouges why are you so interested in this guy anyways." I ask puzzled at his interest at this wild goose chase.

Ozpin: "Remember that facility you found a month ago Qrow." I nod interested in seeing where this is going. "Don't you find it weird that after that facility was found dead huntsman has turned up."  I get it.

"You wanna find this person and see what was in that facility." He nods and speaks again.

Ozpin: "Something tells me Salem isn't the only threat out there and this person might tell us who else we should worry about." I get it rouge huntsman are dead so this guy isn't with Salem but what was in that building to make him destroy it, and is he willing to help is against Salem.

Ozpin: "I have an idea." I turn towards Ozpin ready to listen. "We set a contract a fake one with another huntsman as bait and see if he appears so we can question them for answers. Of course maybe it's not one but multiple people who we are dealing with." I'm shocked at his plan, have a huntsman risk their life to lure someone into an ambush.

"Who is the unlucky bastard?" I ask as I pull my flask out and begin to drink from it. It was cut short since Ozpin was staring at me. "(Sigh) I'll go get ready." Why did I even ask.