The Nth Wheel (One-Shot)

Warning : Contains themes and scenes not suitable for very young and WHOLESOME readers.. Read at your own risk.

The Nth Wheel

(One-shot)

I was standing near the aisle, witnessing the union of my beloved friend, Rence and her long-time partner Cart. Who would have thought that the ‘party-girl’ Rence would easily tie the knot at the age of twenty – eight? Jeez, what’s the rush? Pero kung sabagay, if you would have someone as hot as Cart naman you wouldn’t want to let him go away diba?

“I now pronounced you man and wife.” I heard the priest says. I look at them, they both seeemed to be happy. Rence smiling from ear to ear while Cart smiles at her genuinely. I looked around me and saw my other friends, happy with their own partners. Then it strucked me. It sucks to be alone. Sa aming apat ako lang ang walang partner dito. I guess I’ll consider myself as the Nth wheel here.

It’s been six months since the last time I dated or even hanging out with a guy. I’ve been very busy at the Lavrochet’s that I haven’t paid much attention in my social life. And even my sexual life. Gosh. I’ve been celibate for six months. I cannot believe it. Guess I’m the only one who’s missing the fun here. Sucks. Oh well, siguro naman may makikilala ako dito sa mga bisita nila Cart and eventually get laid tonight. Sounds promising.

***

Rence moved towards out table. “You guys enjoying the party? How’s the food?” she asked.

“Everything’s superb, Rence.” Janeth replied.

“How’d you come up with this awesome idea? Dapat sayo maging wedding coordinator instead of fashion designer eh.” Keith retorted.

“Hey, don’t forget I designed our own dresses, girls.” I said

“We know it, Kre. It’s your forte kaya. Speaking of wedding, sino ba susunod na magse-settle down satin?” tanong ni Rence which surprised me. Ang gara niya lang. Porke’t nag-asawa na siya dapat sumunod agad kami? Busy ako sa pagra-rant when I saw Keith and Janeth looked at each other. I smell something fishy. All right. They’re hiding something.

“C’mon ladies. Meron ba akong di nalalaman? Spill it you two.”

“Well.,” Keith started “Ian and I are planning to get married next year. He says we’re not getting any younger and we need to start making babies na daw.” She says whilst having this pink cheeks. She’s really cute when she blushed.

I looked sternly at Janeth. Wanting her to say and explain her side. “Okay. Ahmm. I’m moving in with Him.” Janeth said while looking at her partner across the bar.

(Author’s epal Note : Hindi ko muna ire-reveal kung sino ang makaka-partner ni Janeth since hindi pa po tapos yung kwento niya. Siya po si Janeth of Pa-Fall guy ng Buhay ko while Rence and Cart is from One Hot Night (yun pong kwentong binura ko). Tapos po kung naaalala niyo pa si Keith po at si Ian ay yung nasa Playing With Fire :) )

I can’t believe they’re all settling down samantalang ako wala man lang ka-date ngayon. Did I missed so much fun nung busy ako working at Lavrochet? This isn’t good.

“So, ikaw Kre? When are you going to tie the knot?” Rence asked. They all looked at me like I’m some kind of a prey. Seriously? Ako? Tinatanong nila ng ganyan.

I arched my eyebrow at her. “Like, NEVER?”

“Oh c’mon. Don’t be a bitch. I can introduce you to Mr. Tall, Dark, and Brooding out there.”  Rence pointed out some random guy across the bar. Actually, kilala ata ni Cart yan, kausap niya kasi.  Well, I can see he’s tall alright. Brooding? I guess. He’s back is facing me kasi kaya di ko pa kita yung mukha niya.