10. High on alcohol?

~ At certain points in life, do what you feel like and not what you know is right~

The rock music blasted through the ten or so speakers in that kinda posh club in Southwest Kasuali. Manik was already five neat vodka shots down, but wasn't intoxicated yet. Nandini, had ordered tequila shots, and was still playing with them, instead of drinking. Manik looked at her again, which was roughly fiftieth time in the last ten minutes and settled beside her.

"What? Don't tell me you are planning to play with the drinks. Drink them", Manik took a sip from his shot while Nandini gave him a mischievous smile.

"Don't you know that Nandini Murthy doesn't drink?", Nandini asked with raised eyebrows before bursting into laughter. Manik gaped at her dumbstruck. Seriously, she doesn't drink? Nandini read the question in his eyes.

"I do drink, but I use that sentence to keep my parents happy. To let them believe I am the innocent and good daughter, they had always wanted me to be", Nandini confessed and in one go, finished two of her shots.

" Whoa girl!", Manik exclaimed, Nandini never stopped short in surprising him.

" Hahaha, always remember Manik. Lifetime advice hai. Sometimes between what is right and what your heart wants, choose your heart. For a chance with a single life, happiness is more important than what is ethically right", Nandini finished two more shots. Manik broke into a smile as they then cheered for each other until they finished 10 more shots each, and needles to mention both were high on alcohol and life too. While Nandini was completely sloshed since she was not used to this much of drinking, Manik was still very much sober, if not completely.

Manik dragged Nandini to the dance floor and even though their clothes were a complete misfit between the other makeup laden, party clothes clad some hundred other people, they didn't care. They were definately having the time of their life, giggling like teenage school girls. Manik pulled Nandini to his chest, as his hands rested on both sides of her waist, they both moved in synchrony with the music. No signature dance steps, no matching with the crowd, hell they did not even recognize the song that they were dancing to, and yet both of them were delusionally happy.

"We are practically drunk Manik!", Nandini leaned towards Manik to speak in his ear, amidst the noise.

"I know", he gave her a loopsided grin and Nandini slapped her head.

"So, we have a legitimate reason now!", She leaned in again, and this time before he could give a stupid silly response, her lips touched the nape of his neck, as she slightly removed the collar of his shirt!

"Nandini! Its tickling me", Manik shrugged and Nandini giggled as she moved away from him.

"Am I not hooooot? And sexxxyyyyy?", Nandini pouted this time and Manik laughed as he heard her talking with that slurry speech.

" Speak na!", Nandini held his collars in her tiny fist, as his ignorance irritated her. Manik continued to dance with her, but his right hand now cupped her cheeks.

"Will you remember anything tomorrow morning?", Manik questioned and Nandini frowned.

"Ofcourse I will, don't you know Nandini Murthy is born intelligent?", Nandini said almost resting her head on his chest, while his his hands now restaed against the curves of her waist. She mumbled some more incoherant words, but Manik was already dragging her towards the bar.

"Two more shots please, neat!", He told the bartender, while Nandini stood with a dreamy smile on her face, as she admired something in ceiling perhaps.

" You are so cute Manik!", Nandini spranged on him, suddenly and pulled his cheeks. For every and any other instance, Manik Malhotra would have twisted the hand and pushed the owner, but for this one time, he made an exception. He smiled, just a plain and yet happy smile. His eyes were getting a hint of red by then, no doubt alcohol had started getting on his nerves by now. His mind though was still functional, he knew in his head that this night won't come again, ever, and also what exactly he wanted from this night.

So, he forced a few more shots down his throat and hers too, and when he was completely and entirly sure that Nandini was heavily drunk, and she would not rememeber a thing the next morning, he dragged her out of the pub, to his hotel room.

" Manik! Maaannikkk! Where are we going?", Nandini asked the umpteenth time as they walked towards the hotel he had rented for his stay. It was very near to this pub, almost on a walking distance and he could never be glad.

"We are going to the hotel!", Manik spoke as he reflexly held Nandini who stumbled on a pebble.

" Why hotel?", She stopped to look towards him, blinking her eyes like a doll.

"Because we have a legitimate reason!", Manik giggled and Nandini pouted at him.

"Wow! Like wow! You are not that duffer it seems. Where do you keep this intelligence, haan? You don't seem the intelligent types. I mean come on, you like an idiot!", Nandini blabbered as she pushed his face left and right, playing with it.

" But I like you, anyway!", She then started giggling and a beautiful smile formed on his face too

" But I like you, anyway!", She then started giggling and a beautiful smile formed on his face too. By then, even he was intoxicated quite a much.

With a lakh of trials, he somehow unlocked the door to his hotel room and pulled her in. Nandini jumped inside, laughing like a mad person, while Manik stood drinking her presence with a pensive look. He walked towards her and held her hands in his, pulling her body towards him.

"Nandini!", His voice was husky and seducing, Nandini had already forgotten her crazy giggles with just one look at him.

"I want you to love me!", There he said it, just to a girl who was not in her senses anymore. Nandini pulled her eyebrows together, confused but his lips seemed inviting. She didn't really understand what he had asked her to, so she did what she had really wanted to do. She leaned in, not thinking anything else and took his rough, additive lips in her plump, juicy ones. Manik didn't protest, rather he gave in hungrily, his hands roaming all over her back as he kissed her with everything he had.

They pulled apart when their lungs gave up but Manik kept looking at her like she was the only anchor in his otherwise drowning life

"Love me Nandini, love me like no one have ever loved anyone. Love me so that I don't remember anything other than you. Love me so that I have a reason to live, when I go away", his voice was desperate, and Nandini no longer looked like she was a drunk crazy girl.

She looked at him with her eyes filled with love, her hands ready to worship him and her body and demeanour of a young women, who know how to pleasure someone. Only, it wasn't about pleasure, it was about a desperate need of love, for a man who had fallen apart, and who knew only love could stitch him back enough to fight and survive.

____________________________________