good bye las palmas,hello derry maine?; one

the flight from spain to derry was fortunately smooth and comfortable, the other kids that she was with for the unaccompanied minors program were kind and they got along well for the seven hour flight

when they landed and exited the plane lovelee felt a whole different feeling, she honestly didn't know if her life here was going to be good or bad but she was praying for the best.

as soon as she walked out there was her mother shining bright like always, penelope was used to being called beautiful she was wearing a white top with three quarter shorts and the usual small hooped earrings.

"how was the flight?" penelope embraced her daughter into a tight hug."

"it was great how's work going?"

"it's great and i want you to meet the man i've been talking about" lovelee took her mother's hand as they walked to the exit and as they did penelope could feel lovelee's hand shaking.

"don't worry he's a nice man"

when they finally made it outside lovelee's eyes scanned around trying to see what this mystery man would look like.

"he's over there"

lovelee followed her mother's finger to see a nasty colored plymouth horizon and leaning on it was a man who was average, ( lovelee didn't want to be judge mental but she honestly didn't find him good looking). he waved them over and lovelee hesitated to walk over but eventually did.

"so you're lovelee"

"yes sir" she held her hand out to politely greet the man.

"wow she has manners nice to meet you lovelee i'm gavin" he said and it made her mother smile.

"i've heard a lot about you"

"well i'm her only child so i'm the only person she really talks about" she chuckled making everyone chuckle along.

lovelee got along well with others easily and was known for being a great icebreaker.

they hopped in the car and drove off and lovelee took notice there was a huge difference between las palmas and derry.

on the derry streets, it didn't seem as lively, spotting a group of kids riding by on their bikes reminded her of the times she spend with her friends except these kids were on bikes. "so ready to go to school?"

"i guess" lovelee didn't think that through she only thought about moving for another 20 minutes they continued down streets they pulled up to a small house that was bigger that her old house, it looked cozy the outside was nice but what did the inside look like.

on the side she noticed four boys sitting on lawn chairs drinking what looked like to be beer. "patrick what did i tell you!"

"i don't know what did you tell me?" he rudely responded back. Mr Hockstetter unaware to lovelee would soon be her stepfather growled as he walked over to the tall teenage boy and rough- handled him. "gavin no need for that " Penelope softly said.

"a boy like patty here needs rough-handling like this...go take in your step-sister's stuff"

lovelee's head whipped to her mother who had a awkward look on her face. "step sister?"

"I was going to tell you" she held out her hand to reveal a ring that didn't look expensive not that lovelee wanted to sound like a brat or anything but it looked like it was already worn by someone else. "whens the wedding?"

"in two days"

lovelee huffed out as her mother went into the house, "follow me" Patrick growled as he picked up lovelee's duffel bag, lovelee followed the older boy tooher new room that looked much bigger than her old room. "thank you"

"your not welcome" he threw her duffel bag on the bed and slammed the door, she was hoping he was only acting like that because of his father she pushed the thought to the back of her head began unpacking her stuff into the drawers. she couldn't believe that her mother kept this from her for so long, what if she didn't want a brother lovelee was perfectly fine being an only child.

dinner was going good until Patrick didn't come downstairs which got gavin upset with him complaining about a waste of food.

by night lovelee was relaxed in bed reading, her mother was sleeping this whole new thing was really starting to get to her, gavin was nice and she didn't mind him becoming a step dad but patrick, oh he gave a bad feeling.

and speaking of the devil.

her door was ajar and she usually slept with it like that but the light from her room she could see someone peeking into her room.

"you can come in if you'd like" lovelee said quietly figuring that it might have been patrick wanting to introduce himself properly, but the eye didn't move from the door opening it just stayed there it began to creep her out, but eventually the eye moved away and lovelee was finally able to fall asleep.

⚬⚫︎⚬⚫︎⚬⚫︎⚬
warning : sexual abuse

the next morning, the smell of cafe con leche and bacon made lovelee swing herself out of bed and run downstairs.

"someone is excited to eat" penelope chuckled as she placed pieces of bacon on a plate and lovelee immediately dug in.

gavin came downstairs with a janitor outfit on and his toolbox gavin was the custodian of derry high which was how he knew alvin marsh. he gave penelope a kiss and another on lovelee's forehead which surprised her. it felt like out of a telenovela thought lovelee but she didn't mind.

penelope wanted lovelee to have a father figure and she felt like it was working out, a few minutes after gavin left patrick came downstairs and as soon as he did his eyes stuck on lovelee.

"you want some coffee?" penelope asked.

"yes please"

the warm sweet liquid poured into the small mug filling her nose with pleasure.

"can i have some too?" patrick asked as he took a seat next to lovelee.

"of course patrick" penelope smiled at patrick before pouring him a cup too.

"this is lovely" he smirked before looking at lovelee who awkwardly smiled back.

he was rude to her yesterday and now he wanted to crack jokes.

"so are you excited for school?" penelope took a seat at the table with the two teens. "very i'm just starting my senior year" he replied.

lovelee didn't know if she was overthinking but he was acting a little too happy than how he was yesterday.

as lovelee reached for the plate with more bacon, she felt something on her thigh, it was patrick's hand. it crawled up more and more and lovelee wasn't at that dining table she somewhere else, she watched patrick take advantage of her, she watched her mother smile at them unaware of her daughter dying inside.

for the rest of the da he got as close as he could to her taunting her, making sexual advances on her.

that was the day lovelee bautista lost her trust in everything.