Prologue: Grade School Terrors

Hey guys! Thanks for deciding to read Pokémon Academy of the Arts. This book really means a lot to me, cause I've had the concept in my head for about a year and a half now. I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I enjoy writing it. Thanks and BFN!!!

(5 years ago...)

Nine year old May Maple sat on her front porch with her 3 best friends. All four of them were bloodied, battered, and bruised.

One of them, Leaf Green, was crying, while another, Brie Jones, was stroking her back and hugging her, trying to calm her down and trying not to cry as well.

And the last one, Dawn Berlitz, was gritting her teeth, punching the ground, and muttering things that nine year olds shouldn't know.

As May looked around at all her friends, she came to the conclusion that...

"Guys,' Everyone looked at May, 'Never tell ANYONE about what happened. Please."

Dawn looked at her knuckles, red and raw from punching the ground. "I agree with May. No one can know what happened today."

Leaf stood up and walked towards them, Brie close behind.

May stuck her left pinky in the air between her and Dawn, and her right pinky between her and Leaf. "Deal?"

Dawn linked her right pinky with May and stuck her left pinky between her and Brie. "Deal."

Brie linked her right pinky with Dawn and stuck her left out to Leaf. "Deal."

Leaf linked her right pinky with Brie and her left pinky with May. She smiled nervously. "...Deal."

As soon as the words escaped her mouth, a white light enveloped them. But, as fast as it started, it was gone.

The girls were left staring wide eyed and open mouthed...with no bruises or blood stains what so ever.

"W-what just happened?" Dawn asked.

May examined her hands; which, a moment earlier, were bloodied and full of scars. "I don't know, but it saves us from having to explain to our moms about the blood and stuff."

"Speaking of which, our moms must be waiting for us,' said Brie, 'I wouldn't want them to be waiting for long. Maybe we should go."

The other girls agreed and went back to their houses, thinking of excuses as to why they went missing.

Only to find that upon coming home, it was as if they were never gone...

I hope you guys enjoyed that chapter. The next one is in May's perspective... kinda...IDK. Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it. Welp, BFN GUYS!!!