Chapter 6

So, I was getting dragged along to a party and I wasn't happy about it. Not happy at all. And it wasn't just any party, it was Chantelle's cousin's party, so anyone related to Chantelle was automatically in my bad books. On the bright side of things, we still had about 8 hours to pass. "Why don't we ride down to the Reldic amusement park? Since we've got loads of time to spend." I suggested to Jazmine, who was in the drivers seat, musing over ideas on where to go as a trip out.

"Yeah, it's only 20 or so minutes from here." called Cat from the back seat. I covered up a slight smile as I caught the reflection of Cat wearing Jaz's too-big-sunglasses. It covered at least half of her small face. "Fine then, whatever you say..." Jazmine hit the gas hard, leaving the grounds with a  harsh squeal of brakes.

We payed for our tickets and jumped on every ride there was, breathless with excitment. "Here!" I motioned Cat over to me and Jazmine, where we waited patiently for her to return to us after dropping to the loo. I noticed that, strangely, there was a weird glazed-over look to Cat's eyes. Funny. I was just about to ask her if she as okay, when I spotted one of Chantelle's groupies, Lee, (a jock) appear near us out of nowhere. I tried to duck down, unspotted, but ended up looking like a loony, as he easily sifted us out and strode confidently in our direction. "Catalina." he said, all charm and muscle. I frowned. He does not expect Cat to just fall to her knees at his feet. He won't stoop to play such a low trick on her.

It was no secret that Cat had a colossal crush on Lee, and looking at her now, her mouth parted and she had that same glazed look on her face. I twisted for her arm, aiming to manoevure us around him, although my efforts were wasted, as he simply blocked the way out. Jaz's eyes darted around, before she quizzed, "Where's Chantelle?"  I looked around too, searching for any sign that the rest of the gang was here. What if Keiran were here? I dismissed that thought. Lee just shrugged and again, rested his eyes on Cat. I swear I saw something just then-something dark and dangerous. The thought quickly slipped out of my head, as did Cat's arm. "Why don't you join me, Catalina? Can I get you a drink?" He made it sound horrible, as though he actually cared. "Don't." I warned him. He smiled a sickly-sweet smile, and a sudden, quick burst of anger ripped through my shoulder blades. I shoved him backwards, a little surprised by my own strength. "Don't you dare come near her! Go glue yourself back to Chantelle and leave us alone." Lee's smug eye's locked with mine in an ugly contest and I backed off a little as my head reeled with a dull, heavy pressure. I squeezed my eyes shut, battling the nausea and fighting off the pain.

Then, as suddenly as it had come, it was gone. My eyes snapped open, wide and searching for-who? Lee. I looked back at Cat and Jazmine, my mind and thoughts in a complicated twist. Cat's eyes were empty and staring at the spot Lee had last been and Jaz looked dazed and a bit lost, like she didn't know what had just happened. "Jaz? You O.K?" She nodded her head a little. "You and Chantelle really had a staring contest there." I stared at her, my heart thumping with increasing worry. "Jaz, that wasn't Chantelle-" She didn't know. She didn't who was here or what happened. I looked back at Cat, hoping that she hadn't had some sort of memory loss. "Cat," I said, reaching for her hand, "Cat, are you okay? Can you remember everything that just happened?" She snatched her hand back, those cool icy blue eyes staring back at me, anger slowly taking over. "Well, no thanks to you! You think you can handle everything but you can't!" Jaz looked startled and she stepped towards Cat, alarm lighting up her eyes. "Cat! What are you saying?" "You and Ash, think that you can control my life- everyone thinks that they can handle my life!" I flinched at the way she heatedly spat Ash out, as though my name was poisonous and she couldn't stand even being in my presence. My heart beated painfuly, as though a shard of glass had pierced it. "Jaz, leave it." My voice came out strong and steady, because I knew that this person was not Cat, but someone that Lee had purposefully put against me- for what reason, I didn't know. Cat ran towards the exit, her brown head bobbing through the crowd. She turned only a second before I glimpsed the real Cat- the one who was my friend. But then it was gone, and she spun back on her heel and was off.

Then, as I gripped hold of Jaz's cold, clammy hand, I wandered if both of my friends were still in there somewhere- somewhere that I could reach and retrieve them from that blind darkness. I swear, I would get Lee back. I would get him back so hard that he woudn't know what knocked him off his feet. My throat burned, as if encouraging me.

Vote, comment and fan! Thank yoy all for reading my story- I might upload in a week or something cuz of examz. :( Anyhow, luv u guyz! xxx