Chapter 5

The alarm clock rang loudly in my ears, waking up not only me, but Jaz and Cat too. "Ohhh ghhfg. shht the fkkng clock." Cat buried her face back in the deranged pillow and fell asleep again. Jaz stretched and grumbled, sleep evident in her thick voice. "Pancakes are in the kitchen. Help yourself. Oh and I need you to take my car so you can fill it up with diesel." She squinted up at me, and I nodded tiredly. She wriggled around and fell asleep again. How I wish I could be chillin in bed. Unfortunately that was just not meant for me. Work started at 9:30, and it was 8:57. It took at least 10 minutes to get to the Crescent Cafe. I showered and dressed, pulling on the uniform; it consisted of a black pinafore and black cap. I guess I'd had worse, but the dress came above my knees-not good to wear it where pervs were often present. My hair was pulled back in a messy bun, curls escaping and resting on my neck. I leaned in to the mirror, applying mascara. I was about to pull away, when something dark on my throat caught the light. I peered closer at the mirror, brushing strands of hair away. It was a small mark...almost like a tatoo. I rubbed at it worriedly, hoping that it would come off, but with no such luck. It was shaped like a half moon, with a swirl intwined with it. Weird. Really weird. Maybe Cat had played a prank on me with permenant pen? Maybe. But then, I didn't think she did it. It just seemed...different. And unique-I had never seen anything like this before. I stepped back from the mirror a little dizzily. It was like I was experiencing deja vu.

After that, I cruised off in Jaz's car to work, my apetite dissolved into knots of confusion.

After parking the BMW convertible neatly in the staff Carpark, I let myself in through the back door, instantly engulfed in heat and hot clouds of air. "Ash! Over here!" Mina's confident voice managed to get to my ears through all the clashing of pots and pans. She was waving a notebook in the air, then the notebook was suddenly in my hands, and then I was being hurriedly hugged and steered towards the door.

"Table 9 needs to have their order taken." I saluted her mockingly, gliding through the swinging double doors. Having found Table 9, I asked in a brisk business-like tone, "What would you like to order?" One of the guys- a shaggy blonde haired one- drawled, "Why your number would be fine, babe." I looked into his handsome smirking face and sighed. Pathetic. The corners of my lips threatened to curl into a smirk as I ran over a few good words to shove in his face. But then I thought better of it and stuck with: "That is such a low pick-up line." I could teach him way better. He grinned, skimming his eyes over my dress. I sighed again, resisting the urge to roll my eyes. I turned to the second stranger, hoping that he was willing to order like a normal person. My eyes clashed with dark, forbidding ones and I nearly took a step back. "Two coffees, please. Strong." My throat immediately started straining, and I cursed myself for pulling a muscle over a boy. Gosh, I didn't know what was wrong with me. I tried to find my voice, but accepted his request with a small nod instead. Walking away, I had this shivery feeling deep in my chest that his eyes were following me. I mentally slapped myself. Come on Ash! This isn't some kind of romance novel. You and your sad wishful thinking. Honestly.

When my shift ended, I sat in the corner with Mina, as she ran through her whole detailed story of her new date, Lo. "Neil was getting kinda boring, you know?" Her eyes clouded over dreamily whilst she went on about what a lucky girl she was, how much she liked him and...it got a bit boring. I had had enough talk about boyfriends to last a lifetime. "You need a lift?" I broke into her lifestory not-quite-regretfully. "Nah, Lo's gonna be here in 5 minutes. Hopefully."

So I left Mina, sitting there texting Lo and started up the BMW to refill the tank at the petrol station. When I was satisfied with the diesel litres, I headed up back to 101 Holiwell Gardens. Cat opened up cheerfully, cheeks flushed with exitement. "What?" Being with Cat nearly my whole life, I knew it when she started brewing up some (mostly evil)  plans in that head of hers. "We," she paused dramatically, "have been invited to Rubon's party. 10:00, Mistles Walk Manor, only those invited personally are allowed. And-" "Woah, woah, slow down. Who's Rubon? And...what party?" "Wait, you didn't even let me get to the fun part yet. And Rubons only the most richest person in town. Well, maybe after Chantelle. Cuz Rubon's Chantelle's cousin, you know?" "Rubon, is...Chantelle's- cousin." I waited for that piece of infomation to finally process in my brain. "Your not planning to go, are you?" I asked suddenly, cringing at what I already knew the answer would be. "Are you kidding me?" she cried, like I needed councilling. "Of course we're going to go. And one more thing-your going to come with us too."

Hey ppl! I'd very much appreciate if u tell me if i need to: improve spelling, grammar etc. Also, any advice would be much welcomed! xxx Comment, fan and VOTE!