Chapter 4

I woke up, my confused brain mulling over why I was sleeping on the floor, in a sleeping bag, when last nights events inserted themselves back immediately back into my head. Cat appeared out of nowhere, wearing a small printed dress and sandals. For some reason, she looked immensely proud of herself. "Why so happy?" It came out as a grumble. She did a twirl dancing over to the long mirror. "I get to wear Jaz's clothes. And keep them. 'Cos their too small for her." "Gosh. A minor thing and your so happy."

I groaned again, walking into to the en-suite bathroom and soaking in a long and relaxing warm bubbly bath and conditioning my slick hair with Herbal Essence. then I just did my thing. No extra added details.

I patted my now-ultra-smooth skin dry, and draped the towel over my shoulders and around my body. I nearly screamed when the door rattled fiercely. "When are you done Ash?! OMG, even I don't have a bath as long as you do." Jazmine banged on the door again, and I was really afraid the door would cave in, leaving me trapped here with only my towel. Oh, god. My clothes. I had absolutely forgot, in my haste to have a wash. "Er...Jaz?! This is gonna sound creepy, but I'm only in a towel and I've forgot my clothes. So could-" But before I could finish, the sound of Jaz's footsteps shuffled away. "Jazmine! What about my clothes? I need my clothes. Like, today. Jaz?" I cautiously unlocked the door, and parted it a little. Before I could duck, a bundle of clothes came flying towards me and hit me right in the face. "What are these?" I asked in confusion, after having a good look at the clothes. Right away, I forgot to tell Jazmine what an awful friend she was, teasing me like she did. For sitting in my hands was a red charm tank top, that read 'I'm totally hot.' with the imprint of bright red shiny lips. This was so damn embarrasing. She so did not expect me to wear this! "You snore, Jazmine! I'm not even joking." I called the first thing that flew into my head, as a type of small payback that I could achieve whist standing half-naked on the other side of the door to her. A self-satisfied smirk crept up my face, the sounds of Jazmine's denial and Cats laughter and jeering reaching my ears.What was more embarrassing, was the tiny black denim shorts, studded with big silver gems. I figured it was designed to not cover much. I sighed, snapping the lock back on the door and studying the clothes. I could go and fetch my clothes, but knowing Jazmine, she'd probably hidden them from me so I couldn't find them. I decided I had no choice; Either I go out naked, or wearing these clothes/pieces of material. I chose the latter.

When I emerged from the bathroom, my mouth watered at the sight of Cat and Jazmine munching on muffins (my mouth watered at the sight of the muffins, basically). I hurriedly joined them,  before the heap of breakfast vanished. "You should wear clothes like that more often, Ash." remarked Cat. "They really compliment your figure, if your looking for, oh, you know, a date. Or a relationship. Or a long-" The sound of my desparate choking finally cut her off her ramble and she violently smacked my back, at the same time pouring water into my mouth. Well, she tried to. Most of the water just ended up on Jazmine, who was trying to mop up the mangled muffins flying out my mouth, but I didn't mind. "Cat!" I choked out, "Your making this worse. No offense." Cat smiled sheepishly, saying "Yeah, I know. Mum always reminds me that First Aid isn't my special spot. Markus is a witness to that." We laughed, me finally recovered from my heart attack. Cat's younger brother, Markus, had once slit his arm a little in a football game. Cat, bless her, had ran to the rescue. Instead of making things better, she'd worsened the situation, because she managed to spray on a cleaning dettol spray  instead of anticeptic. That resulted in an infected wound aswell. Only Cat would do something like that. Only Cat.

We left Jaz's house an hour later, 11:50 am. Our plan was to go shopping downtown, since I was in need of some 'decent designer clothes', according to Jaz. "Ash, it's my early treat for your birthday. Money's all on me." I recalled. As usual, I had disagreed, but Cat had cut in, "It's either an early shopping spree, or a party for your birthday. Which one?" I had obviously chosen shopping, since the last time Jaz had thrown a party was in year 9, and it had been absolutely disastrous.