Long Monday

Tori had found a job at an animal hospital just inside the small town. It was boring answering phones all day as a receptionist. She wanted to be in the back working with the animals. But this was her foot in the door so to speak and she would stick it out to get the job she wanted. Plus she had ran out of money and was growing sick of eating Ramen noodles.

                The brakes on her vintage Pinto squeaked as she parked in front of the old house she now called home. It was more of a haven for her. The solitude was welcomed for she had no one to worry about and no one to worry about her. She had no where to be and no real schedule to meet. Tori hated how Andy had always called to check in on her and ask her where she was, who she was with and when she would be home.

             She had seen an old longbed pickup truck sitting outside of the local hardware store earlier in the day. She saw a man in overalls holding a sign that read "Free puppies to a good home". Her father had never let her have a dog. She felt the strong urge to go back and scoop one up, and so that is what she did. Tori Miller was no longer following anyone's rules or expectations and having a warm bundle of fur would keep her warm in the drafty old house at night.

So it was practical.
So it made sense to her.
So she named him Zeus.