What Now?

I folded the letter I wrote in two and put the pencil on top of it. Then I turned to my wardrobe. I felt excitement and fear flowing through my body. I never ever thought about running away, let stand actually doing it. I unzipped my backpack and held it upside down.

A few books, a pencilcase and an empty watterbottle dropped onto my bed. I shoved them aside and turned to my wardrobe once again. I grabbed two hoodies, a plain t-shirt, a pair of skinny jeans, sweatpants, three pairs of thick socks and some underwear. I put all of the clothes in my backpack and grabbed the empty waterbottle.

I sneaked out of my room and filled the bottle with water in the kitchen. Nancy was nowhere to be found. She's probably in her room. I glanced at the clock. 8:45 pm. Shit.

As I walked back to my bedroom the realization of what I was doing actually hit me. I put the bottle inside of my backpack and zipped it down. What if I get caught? Wouldn't that make everything even worse?

I shook my head and walked towards my desk. I grabbed everything a girl would probably need, as in hygiene and self care. I put my stuff in the pocket on the outisde and sighed. I have two things left to take with me: my phone and some cash.

I glanced at my charger and earbuds on my desk and hurriedly put them into the same pocket. I have to be quick if I don't want to get caught by Nancy nor my mom. I put on a fluffy cardigan and put on my black boots. Then I grabbed my backpack. I looked at the letter over my shoulder and I felt the anger all over again. I blinked a few times and then shuffled out of my bedroom.

Once I was downstairs I noticed Nancy was still in her room. I have to be as quiet as possible so I won't catch her attention. I closed my eyes and started brainstorming quickly. Think. Where would I put my phone if I was Nancy? Livingroom!

I sneaked into the livingroom and searched through the TV unit hurriedly. Come on, where is that stupid thing?! I opened the drawers one by one. Fuck. Okay, it's not here. Think Nari, think. Where would you put it if you were Nancy?

The kitchen. Let's look there. I tiptoed into the kitchen and searched through the shelves mounted onto the walls. I felt fear and adrenaline pumping through my body as I let my hand slide over the top shelf. Just as I was about to give up hope I felt a flat object under my hand. Yes! I grabbed my phone quickly and put it into the pocket of my cardigan.

Okay. Now I have to find money. It shouldn't be that hard. I once saw my mom grab some money in the cloakroom. I rushed into the cloakroom without making a noise and closed the door.

Okay, there should be cash in one of these drawers. I opened the top drawer and let my hand slide over the bottom. Not this one. I opened the second drawer. Nothing. I felt panick growing inside of my chest as I pulled the third drawer open. Goddamnit. I need money!

The third and fourth drawers were filled with beanies and scarfs. I grabbed a black woolen beanie and put it on my head as I opened the last drawer. I quickly let my hand search through the useless things in the drawer and just when I was about to slam the drawer closed, I noticed something hard inside of a black glove.

I stuck my hand inside of the glove and felt a rush of victory. I exhaled deeply and grabbed the stack of dollar bills. Damn, how much is this? I slid the rubber band down and took two hundred-dollar bills. Okay this is more than enough.

I put the stack inside of the glove again and closed the drawer carefully. I took my jacket as I opened the door slowly. No one. Good.

I tiptoed towards the frontdoor and opened the door, trying to not make any noise. I looked into the house one more time and then closed the door with a soft click.

I started walking, away from our house and away from our neighborhood. I stopped at a bus stop and opened my phone. I decided to text Jungkook, since he was the only one that could help me at this time.