Power Cells

I use the techniques Bats taught me to slow my heart rate. I close my eyes and take in a slow deep breath, clearing my mind of all ill thoughts. That is until the obnoxiously loud voice of Wally west interrupts my meditation. My breath hitched for the second time in the past ten minutes and I look at the redhead in mild shock.

    “Dude, Power Cells?! We have a mission that involves Power Cells!?” He’s jumping up and down in excitement and I start to see double as he unknowingly begins to use his super speed. I swear this boy will be the end of me.

    “You know of them?” Bats’ voice is calm but his muscles are tense. Power Cells are suppose to be top secret. Only those that have come in direct contact with a Power Cell should know of there existence. Wally shouldn’t know. So he either did a significant amount of hacking or someone that shouldn’t have told him, told him.

    “Yea!” A look of pure joy appears on his face and I raise and eyebrow. He’s acting like its his life dream to be involved with the Power Cells. “My uncle told me about them! They’re like a power up in a video game! They enhance the superpowers of those around them! It’s so cool~”

    He’s jogging in place now with his eyes closed in excitement. I chuckle at his description of them. Bats glares at The Flash who shrinks down slightly under his gaze smiling nervously. Not many people hold their ground when they're on the receiving end of a bat glare.

    “Thats a rather...crude way of putting it.” He looks over the holographic images of the files worriedly before continuing. “But thats not entirely true…” His voice is gruff and laced with annoyance but I think I can hear some uncertainty in there too...I can’t be sure though..

    Wally pouts and I can’t help but giggle at it. He glares at me playfully and I stick out my tongue at the jr Flash. I immediately regret it when he sends me one of those ‘i’ll have my revenge’ smirks that never fail to send chills down my back.

    I’ll have to watch my back for a few days. Wally can be incredibly stealthy when he wants to be. He’s even managed to sneak up on me once. I did happen to have a temperature of 102.7 at the time but he managed to get a squeak out of me, to which I promptly returned the favor a few days later. The team still teases him about it~

    I’m pulled out of my happy memories as Bats starts to explain Power Cells to the team. He goes on about how they store energy over a period of time and can then use that energy to supercharge other superpowers. After that charge is gone they have to store up more and it can be dangerous if the energy level of a Power Cell hits zero. They learned that the hard way...but this is all stuff I already know.

    I tune him out as he moves on to explain the two types. Alpha and Omega.  Alpha Power Cells are even rarer. Out of the five known Power Cells only one of them was an Alpha. Theres one more Alpha that only me and Bats know about and we would both like to keep it that way.

    Omegas are powerful but they are nothing compared to an Alpha. Alphas store a hell of alot more energy and the replenish it faster. There the ultimate power generator of supers. To the point where both sides will do whatever it takes to keep it out of the others hands...Even it it means killing it…

    Which is why me and Bats decaded to keep the other Alpha a secret. As long as he doesn't show his power he’ll be safe. At least i hope so…

    Maxing out on energy is just as dangerous as bottoming out. When they near their max they start to emit sparks. Not only is it painful but it it would give away that they are a Power Cell.

    If they don’t release some energy in a controlled fashion soon after that, it ill find it’s own way out in a very uncontrolled fashion. It kills the Power Cell and jumps to the nearest conductors.

    They found that out the hard way too...