Confess- M.C

years is a long time to be friends with someone isn't it, Michael thought to himself.

Michael and his best friend, (Y/N), were cuddling on his bed. This was not a new occurrence for them two, the feeling of it all was just so familiar. Her head laying on his chest, him petting her hair, as the t.v. in front of them droned on and on. The activity that they were doing was nothing special, but as long as they were together it didn't matter. This had been the case since kindergarten when they met out in the rain splashing around in the mud, they were attached at the hip ever since. Well, that was until Michael's band took off and he began touring the world. Now they had to cherish all the moments he was home, the dread of his departure always a dark cloud in the back of their minds.
Michael had been in love with his best friend for as long as he could remember. They way she spoke her mind without hesitation. The sparkle in her eyes whenever she talked about something she felt passionate about. How she would sit in the bathtub fully clothed just so no one would bug her while she read a good book. Every little thing about her made his heart swell...and she had no idea. He had always been afraid it would ruin their friendship if she didn't feel the same way. He didn't want to risk that, but he just couldn't keep his feelings bottled up any longer. He was leaving back to America in three days and could not leave without confessing his feelings.
"(Y/N) I have to tell you something," He started. The hand that had been petting her hair was now shaking. He couldn't believe he was about to do it. She was tapping her fingers along to some beat on his chest so he just pushed on.
"I like you. like like you. Wait, God.. I sound like I'm twelve..Let me um start over...Okay, um. Here we go. You are beautiful, and caring, and you are hilarious. You always find a way to make me laugh even when I feel horribly miserable. I've loved you for such a long time and I just can't keep it quiet anymore," He took a shaky breath. (Y/N)'s silence made him more nervous so he just continued.
"I know I'm gone a lot..but you can come with me! You can join me on tour! I know all the fans will love you. The boys already love you and I love you... I want to be able to kiss you all the time and protect you from the world, even though I know you are so strong you don't need me to protect you. I just want you to be mine and for me to be yours. I love you a lot so please don't hate me. Please just tell me you love me too and I didn't just fuck up this amazing friendship," He finished letting out a huge sigh, not realizing he had been holding his breath.
(Y/N) sat up to see Michael blushing profusely. She pulled one of her headphones out of her ear, Fall Out Boy blasting out of the tiny ear piece.
"Were you saying something, Mikey? I'm sorry I didn't hear you my music was playing hella loud," (Y/N) laughed. She gave him an innocent smile, ignorant to the giant confession he had just made. Michael was staring into her soft brown eyes and all he could think was, You've got to be fucking kidding me.