Chapter 16: Passing weeks

It was finally time for their next Doctor's appointment, they had stayed in Stars Hollow at the Dragonfly Inn the night before. It was the week before Christmas and they wished that they could find out the gender to deliver the news on Christmas.

They had breakfast with Lorelai and Luke and told them their hopes. Lorelai warned them not to get their hopes up because you usually can't tell until 15-20 weeks so they probably wouldn't find out until after Christmas. They continued conversation Rory asked about the annex and Lorelai updated her saying Tom had pulled his best men out to get it done before summer and that once they open she can make the first appointment for a much needed pampering. They talked about April and how her trip in Germany was going so far, how Logan was doing back at work and how the adjustment had been. Rory mentioned that her book was coming along and she was so far happy with how things were going.

They finished breakfast and headed into Hartford. Once in the office Rory checked in and the nurse had her take a little cup with an orange lid to pee in and bring back to the desk so they could test it. She sat with Logan who had taken the day off for her appointment, they waited like last time for the nurse to call her into an exam room. The nurse weighed her then exited telling them the doctor would be in shortly.

The doctor took her vitals and did his checks on the baby then started to prep Rory for the ultrasound "I know I said this before but this is going to feel cold at first" Dr Kennedy said getting ready to put the blue gel on her belly. They both sat in amusement as they watched this tiny baby move around in Rory's stomach. Once again they both had tears flooding in their eyes as the doctor hit the button to echo the heartbeat sound through the room. Unfortunately Lorelai was right and they couldn't tell what the sex of the baby was yet. They got prints from the ultrasound and booked her next appointment for 4 weeks time which would be for measurements of the baby and most likely the gender since she would be 16-17 weeks along. Logan and Rory were so excited to find out.

The rest of the week went by fast for Logan since he was back at work in the New York office and was barely having to stay late.
They made it a point to sit down every night and have dinner while discussing their days. They had come to a great routine spending mornings and evenings together. Rory had been going out with Steph and Honor here and there so she wasn't always at home in the apartment alone. She still continued to work on her book that she had started and was done the first 13 chapters at this point.

Authors Note: sorry for the short chapter had to keep the timeline running smooth!
There is a family medical emergency that I need to focus on the next couple days so I won't be updating I may sneak in one more chapter tonight though.
Hope your enjoying!