Chapter 3: Birthdays with Bella

A/N: Hi, I'm sorry I haven't been updating loads. Anyways I have been getting loads and loads of homework stacked up on me. Apparently my teachers think that after giving me relatively light loads that at the semester's end they should throw everything they got at me to make my grades go down before the 26th :(. Anyways I also have finals coming up (kill me now), so sue me if I haven't updated. I probably won't for a while so here's an extra long chapter, and focusing on Bella.

January 16, 1960

"Happy birthday Bella."

A little brown hair girl groaned as she opened her eyes to see her father before her. She grinned up at him,"Daddy!"

He laughed and picked her up,"Hello my beauty."

Bella smiled and placed her arms around her father's head in an awkward hug.

Jack laughed at his daughter's antics. Soon though, Bella noticed that Kick was at the floor, looking at their father impatiently, wanting to be lifted herself. Jack soon noticed his younger daughter's expression and grinned at the three year old, she didn't return the smile.

"Oh Kick." he said fondly.

Bella pointed toward the door,"To the kitchen!" she shouted.

"Quite Bella." Jack scolded lightly,"Caroline's still sleeping."

Kick now had a mischievous look upon her pale face, and before Jack could stop her she shouted,"CAROLINE! WAKEY!"

Jack groaned as he heard his barely two year old daughter collapse into screams and sobs. Bella glared at her younger sister as Jack placed her down to go take care of their other sibling.

She stuck her tongue out at Kick, Kick scrunched up her face,"Just cuz it's your birthday doesn't mean I have to be nice." she murmured.

"Yes it does, mommy said so yesterday." Bella said, putting her hands on her hips and looking at her younger sister.

Kick stuck her tongue out before leaving the room.

Bella simply rolled her eyes and made her way downstairs, Auntie Ethel, Uncle Bobby, Auntie Eunice, Uncle Sargy, Aunt Pat, Uncle Peter, Auntie Jean, Uncle Stephen and all her cousins were coming today. She felt a smile creep up her face, Courtney (Kick's sworn enemy) would keep her sister busy. Meanwhile she could play with David.

A happy smile crawled up her face and she skipped over to the table where her mother was making breakfast.

"How's my birthday girl!" Jackie smiled and picked up her daughter.

Bella giggled,"Good mommy."

Jackie turned back to her cooking,"I'm making your favorite." she explained.

Bella brightened,"Chocolate chip pancakes!"

Her mother turned again and smiled,"The very same."

Bella was a bit worried about the quality of the pancakes however she knew her mother was improving on her mediocre cooking skills every day.

So the now four year old sat down and waited for breakfast. It came shortly, Jack sat down on one end of the table, Jackie on the other, Bella and Caroline were on one side and Kick was on the other. Kick was absentmindedly flicking chocolate chips at Bella despite her mother's protests.

"She lives up to her namestake." Jack muttered.

Bella was about halfway through her birthday breakfast when she heard the familiar sound of the doorbell. Bella grinned and jumped to her feet,"I'll get it! I'll get it!" she cried.